Director, Data Science
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/19/2021 2:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Data Science jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Data Science postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Data Science? Director, Data Science
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Job Title: Director, Data Science
The Research + Analysis department works to influence WMG's strategy and optimize day-to-day operations through data and insights. This position sits within the NYC-based global Research+Analysis team, working closely with colleagues across Business Development WEA Distribution, and Label Partners to better understand what makes our global digital partners tick, and how we can use that information to the advantage of our artists and songwriters.
The Director, Data Science will lead a team of data scientists in a Data Science Center of Excellence. This team – using, in particular, data specific to the music industry – will deliver reporting, advanced inference, predictive products and tools. The position reports to the VP, Data Science and Partner Insights.
• Lead and manage a team of Data Scientists in the development of high-impact tools and the execution of ad hoc projects with focus on methodological soundness and scientific rigor
• Partner with leaders across WMG to identify opportunities to apply data science to enhance decision-making
• Convert business requirements to plans with well-defined objectives, timelines and responsibilities for the team and successfully execute against them
• Function as a translator of complex problems and solutions across technical, business and executive units at all levels of the organization
• Manage multiple priorities across a mix of ad hoc and operational projects
• Think critically about data and the appropriate pairings of use cases and data
• Drive the collection and manipulation of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
• Graduate Degree (PhD strongly preferred) with a specialization in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, or other fields where advanced quantitative methods are applied
• Deep statistical training and fluency in applying advanced methods for both inference and prediction
• 5+ years of experience in Data Science, advanced analytics or academia applying advanced statistical methods and machine learning techniques to complex data sources
• 5+ years of experience using R or Python at an expert level
• 4+ years of experience with data visualization techniques and concepts
• 3+ years of experience using relational databases and SQL
• 3+ years of experience using raw social media data (i.e. Instagram, TikTok, Facebook)
• 3+ years of experience leading teams of high-performing data scientists
• Expert knowledge of additional programming languages (i.e., Julia, Java, Scala) a plus
• Experience using distributed computing environments a bonus
• Aptitude to learn new methods and tools as required
• Ability to manage, motivate and set clear goals for a high performing team
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.