Warner Music GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Job Title: Director, Creative
A little bit about our team:
Warner Bros. Records is home to some of the most influential and innovative artists of our time. Our extraordinary roster of new and established recording artists is unparalleled, and our collective influence on music culture is without precedent. With a visionary approach toward discovering and nurturing musical talent, the Warner Bros. Records family of labels is currently home to an impressive generation of major artists.
The mission of the Fan Engagement department is to acquire, engage, and retain true fans across our digital ecosystems. The team is responsible for any digital property that speaks directly to fans: social media, websites, email/CRM, mobile apps, and emerging technologies. Using content and creative marketing strategies, the Fan Engagement team keeps fans deeply connected to and invested in our artists.
Why this could be your next big break:
Do you have killer design ability, strong decision making skills, a deep knowledge of design for both traditional and digital media? Can you mentor and lead a team of creatives, helping them to craft content for a variety of musical artists across every genre? Are you passionate about applying your skills across multiple disciplines, including photography, video, digital content, and web solutions? Do you have a track record of delivering compelling marketing campaigns and an unmatched drive for creative excellence? Can you balance originality with the need to meet deadlines and bring to life a music artist's vision?
Then WBR is the place for you!
You will lead a team of designers that create assets for the Fan Engagement team. Our designers are passionate about growing their skills and looking for a leader to take them to the next level. You will work cross-functionally with marketers, designers, engineers, artist managers, and the artists themselves. You will lead the visual storytelling of the Fan Engagement team, working in tandem with the digital strategists to concept and create assets for our online marketing campaigns. You must be a strong visual thinker with the ability to understand the greater digital strategy and translate it into tangible assets. You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while still delivering compelling content. We want you to love what you do, so a passion for music, design, and technology is a must!
This position reports in to the SVP of Creative Services and has constant communication with the VP of Fan Engagement.
Here you'll get to:
• Work in collaboration with an internal team (Fan Engagement Strategist, Designers, Producers) to translate artist business strategies into creative content and experiences
• Direct and manage the development and execution of all creative assets for integrated online marketing campaigns including video, digital, social media, print, and other assets as needed
• Present and effectively communicate how a creative vision will help achieve artist goals, including preparing proposals, presentations, creative briefs, and treatments
• Brainstorm and execute innovative campaigns in coordination with the Fan Engagement Strategists to produce world class original content
• Manage creative teams, timelines, and projects to ensure timely delivery of creative
• Mentor, inspire, and drive the Interactive Design team to increase their skill base and level of creative output
• Design, photograph, film, or otherwise create assets when needed - while providing direction to our creative team is a big part of the job, you'll still have the opportunity to spend time and ''creative juice'' on your own design projects
• Execute across a wide range of outputs, from the big one-off campaigns, to the tactical everyday deliverables
• Respond to client/strategist feedback and steward the creative integrity of projects
• Keep up with latest best practices, trends and industry techniques to share ideas and knowledge with the entire Fan Engagement team
• Elevate the creative output to ensure that all assets meet a high level of creativity, innovation and artist association
• Promote a culture of innovation and teamwork while adhering to our internal processes
• Identify, suggest, and enact new ways to improve processes to help meet overall team, project, and client goals
• Be consistently punctual to meetings and in all communication, both internal and client facing
• Possess an unmatched sense of accountability, problem-solving, and ability to adjust to the rapid pace of the music industry
• Always be learning and responding to the evolution of digital and social media marketing
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Previous professional experience working as a CD in digital/social media marketing, music marketing, creative agency, and/or related fields
• A proven track record developing creative content for entertainment marketing projects
• Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, and other related design tools
• Demonstrable ability with integrated creative, with experience in building campaigns across digital and traditional touchpoints
• An innate understanding of the yin-yang balance between strategy, design, copy, and functionality
• A great leader with the ability to maximize the talents of their teams and the confidence to both make decisions as well as incorporate feedback
• Desire to be a hands-on Creative Director who is creating as well as leading
• The ability to self-manage and stay calm and collected in the face of pressure
• Ability to work on tight timeframes and move projects forward, even with limited assets
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• A passion for and deep knowledge of fan-focused digital strategies, online media design, and social media applications
• A problem-solving attitude to get it done, no matter the challenge
• The ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience using project management software such as Jira and Basecamp
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.