Director, Content Protection
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Content Protection
A little bit about our team:
We support WMG in managing, administering, and enforcing rights across commercial and non-commercial accounts in order to maximize revenue and market share for our artists and labels.
Why this could be your next big break:
This is a chance to be a leader who helps shape the direction of copyright enforcement and content protection for WMG. They will coordinate a strategy across all areas of the company for combating infringing content. They must know the best methods and tools to enforce our rights. This will be someone who can liaison with the various outside industry entities and third-parties to ensure we're utilizing all of the best practices.
Here you'll get to:
• You will manage a team of quality professionals
• You will engage with labels, territories, operations and A&R admins on priority projects
• You will oversee the daily functions of the tools and apps used in monitoring content
• You will provide daily and weekly recaps of priority projects and activity
• You will maintain an email & phone alias for internal and external contacts
• You will collaborate with our legal team to ensure our claiming practices are in line with copyright laws
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You have 5 years of experience in rights management, copyright enforcement or content protection
• You have an education in technology or related field
• You have expert skills navigating the internet
• You have exceptional organizational skills
• You have managed people before
• You have the ability to spot trends, asses situations and react quickly
• You have to be a self-starter, work independently and multi-task
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Experience in the music industry
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.