Director, Commercial Accounts & Revenue - Rock Genre Streaming
Warner Music GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Commercial Accounts & Revenue – Rock Genre Streaming
Job Title: Director, Commercial Accounts & Revenue – Rock Genre
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Bros. Records Commercial Accounts & Revenue Department is responsible for all aspects of: digital, streaming, physical sales, consumption, marketing and promotion. The department is responsible is for achieving the company's revenue goals as well as helping to break new artists within the commercial channels.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Director, Commercial Accounts & Revenue – Rock Genre Streaming position exists to strategize and implement streaming revenue focused initiatives on behalf of all Warner Bros. Records artists and brands.
Additionally, the Director, Commercial Accounts & Revenue – Rock Genre Streaming position will have a high degree of visibility across all company departments and will manage all aspects of commercial streaming projects to ensure all details of the initiatives and goals are delivered to partners in a timely & concise manner. This person will be responsible for managing timelines, budgets, product development, and marketing for commercial streaming product lines.
Here you'll get to:
• Maximize all Rock genre - Rock, Alternative, Indie, Singer/Songwriter, etc., related revenue and marketing opportunities within assigned streaming accounts
• Implement and maintain best practices related to streaming optimization and playlisting to maximize revenue and drive artist awareness
• Work with artist, management, label marketing, A&R and WEA to determine configurations and timing for album & single release strategy on streaming platforms
• Work with label marketing, WEA, digital streaming retail accounts to formulate and execute meaningful marketing initiatives
• Coordinate with Fan Engagement department to ensure artist streaming profiles are optimized and best practices are being regularly used
• Regularly convey new release schedule and marketing tent-poles to Spotify and WEA
• Develop meaningful business partnerships with key third party streaming accounts
• Work with WBR and WEA Research and Analysis teams to utilize data analytics in order to optimize WBR business and revenue goals
• Keep current with consumer demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors in the streaming space and be prepared to assume additional streaming accounts as the market continues to grow and transition towards streaming
• Liaise with WBR and WMG Business Development & Digital Strategy leads to help create and implement new account deal structures and to fully maximize as well as adhere to deal obligations
• Create sales presentations with ancillary materials and represent the company at various conferences and business meetings (internal and external) to promote the label's artists and upcoming releases
Rockstar candidates will have:
• 3 years professional experience in Entertainment sales & marketing role
• Proven sales experience and quantifiable results
• Established relationships in the digital retail community
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to work with and supervise others to develop and execute strategic projects
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• In depth familiarity with social media networks and analytics, streaming, and mobile services and apps
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work with both creative and business oriented colleagues and partners
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Previous streaming retail experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.