Director, Business & Legal Affairs
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Business & Legal Affairs
A little bit about our team:
Warner-Elektra-Atlantic (WEA) is a global organization within the Warner Music Group umbrella that provides services to the wholly-owned labels and other affiliates, including digital account management, consumer sales and marketing, physical sales and distribution, media operations, digital supply chain, and merchandising/licensing.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Director, Business & Legal Affairs will draft and negotiate agreements on behalf of WEA, including deals with technology vendors, third party artist merchandising deals, licensing deals, digital retail arrangements and more; advise on and execute business strategy for WEA; and liaise with and provide guidance to other Warner Music Group departments (including Corporate, Business Development and the Warner Music Group Labels).
Here you'll get to:
• Draft and negotiate each business unit's agreements, including with technology vendors, third party artist merchandising deals, licensing deals, digital retail arrangements and more.
• Work closely with the rest of the department to ensure that all agreements are accurately summarized and communicated to relevant departments.
• Provide advice and guidance in developing and implementing new business strategies, including with respect to label arrangements, artist arrangements, digital platforms, digital sales, video distribution, digital asset management/delivery, and non-traditional physical retail.
• Advise and assist WEA business units in developing and executing company's overall business goals.
• Provide ongoing legal advice and guidance to WEA and other Warner Music Group divisions, including, with respect to digital retail arrangements, digital operations, privacy, antitrust issues, and other arrangements with retailers.
• Ensure compliance with contractual and legal obligations, including the participation in the development and implementation of WEA's contract-related policies and procedures.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Strong negotiating, analytical, and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to successfully interface with outside attorneys, senior management, and general staff
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Sound and practical business judgment
• Attention to detail and the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly
• Ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities, most of which operate on a time sensitive basis
• Familiarity with the music industry and independent labels preferred
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• At least 5 years relevant transactional legal experience
• At least 2 years of music industry or relevant in-house experience preferred
• J.D. and active license to practice law in New York State
Why join us?
Warner Music Artist Services is a global team with a simple ethos: put the artists first. Our team is made up of engineers and marketers, graphic designers and salespeople. We are creative and detail-obsessed. Above all, we are music fans - unabashed, enthusiastic music fans. We are passionate champions of our artists, and we work tirelessly to deliver for them every album cycle, every tour, every day.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.