Coordinator, Label Management
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Label Management
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
ADA Worldwide strives to provide independent artists and label partners with access to the resources, relationships and experience required to share their creative vision with a global audience. We honor our diverse history and embrace the future with unwavering passion & ambition.
As the independent sales and marketing arm of Warner Music Group, the ADA Label Management team works closely with distributed artists and label partners to help realize our common goals for promoting music on a global basis while optimizing sales opportunities. The Label Management team sits at the center of ADA, collaborating with operations, sales, label services, finance, business affairs and the whole of Warner Music Group.
Why this could be your next big break:
This role is a unique opportunity to work with exciting independent artists and label partners while helping ADA's Label Management team guide labels through best practices and helping to get their creative content to the masses. In addition to being at the forefront of a creative community, this position has the visibility and engagement in new methods of music consumption. This position will have the ability to make a meaningful impact on ADA's business; while also developing relationships with our partners, employees and co-workers.
Here you'll get to:
• Provide the account management team with key marketing & sales information on new releases, on-going priorities & general label activity
• Organize label partner meetings for key releases / catalog including managing follow-up/action items
• Create digital placement recaps on key releases
• Monitoring execution of best practices with our account partners
• Provide weekly Nielsen Soundscan data information to label partners, ensure album configurations are properly merged, and help with RIAA sales certifications
• Maintain upcoming New Release grids, Event handouts, and promotional allocation grids
• Maintain and update shared department documents including Label and Contact lists
• Interface with internal staff on concert solicitations
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Be motivated, creative, highly organized, detailed and multitask oriented
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Have strong attention to detail
• Have an interest in the independent music sector
• Manage recurring tasks while learning new initiatives
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Music industry experience
• Knowledge of music and independent record labels
• Knowledge of digital and physical distribution
• Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent business experience
• 1-2 years of years of experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.