Coordinator, Content Insights
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Content Insights
A little bit about our team:
The Research Analysis department works to influence WMG's strategy and optimize day-to-day operations through data and insights. This position sits within R A's global digital team, working with marketing, labels, international teams, DataLab, and Account Management to provide analysis on our content and to identify trending tracks. Our goal for this role is to help establish best practices and develop new metrics for analyzing song performance.
Why this could be your next big break:
Data is the lifeblood of today's record business, and in this role you'll get a chance to apply your creativity and problem-solving skills to some massive amounts of data to help our labels and artists identify trending songs and break hits. Because the R A team works closely with departments all across the company, you will have the opportunity to see the inner workings and decision-making of a global record label - and the chance to influence those decisions with analysis. We're a collaborative team that loves learning new things, sharing ideas, thinking about the future of the music industry – and helping our company get there.
Here you'll get to:
• Produce analyses on release strategy and promotion to help guide marketing decisions
• Prepare reports on the performance of WMG content at services like Spotify and Apple Music, and help identify trending tracks as they emerge
• Contribute to the development of research tools to assist A&R teams in identifying emerging unsigned acts from our internal data
• Field requests from global partners around release performance and insights
• Assist in the development of new reports and metrics with available data in partnership with DataLab, account management, labels, and commercial teams
• Collaborate with R A team members to explore research projects and help develop the collective body of knowledge on streaming
• Handle various ad hoc requests and projects within the R A team and assist other team members as needed
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Experience with Excel and with PowerPoint
• Familiarity with the streaming music landscape
• Intellectually curious
• Results-oriented with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Well-organized and capable of handling multiple projects at a time
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 0-2 years of experience
• Familiarity with Tableau or similar visualization tools
• Experience using SQL
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.