Assistant, Urban Marketing
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Assistant, Urban Marketing
Job Title: Urban Marketing Assistant
Here you'll get to:
• Answer phones professionally and keep track of calls received.
• Update Product Manager's calendars and schedules daily or as needed.
• Coordinate/Book travel and build out trip schedules/compile itineraries.
• Manage expense reports and assist in tracking department quarterly spends.
• Manage Team Release calendar and artist roster deck.
• Attend Marketing/staff meetings, prep meeting materials to circulate to the departments before meetings and take notes during the meeting to distribute to the department/respective artists teams, post meeting.
• Coordinate and organize meetings for Product Managers and Department Heads, as well as patch in to scheduled conference calls.
• Coordinate department, and artist specific events - budget, planning, and execution
• Coordinate various artist projects and activities with other Atlantic departments
• Coordinate and support artist events with outside vendors and venues
• Generate promotional tool ideas and oversee the design, manufacturing and delivery of tools to support project releases.
• Monitor artist's website & Social Properties including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Soundcloud and various online activities.
• Research and study new consumer trends, in addition to organizing brainstorming sessions to discuss ideas.
• Design images and graphics to be used for artist one sheets and sizzle docs.
• Coordinate the execution of artist sizzle reels.
• Coordinate with respective product manager for blasting updates to the company on single, album and video launches
• Generate merchandise requests to the Artist Services department
• Submit production requests with Product Managers guidance
• Keep a Ledger/balance of artists budgets- invoices processed
• Create and manage running list of: graphic designers, videographers, photographers, Glam and stylist's contact information, prior work/clients, range of costs
• Update artist stat sheets, timelines/marketing calendars and one-sheets weekly
• Run Soundscan, Top 200 Streaming Report, and BDS/Mediabase and compile artist stat sheets for internal distribution and to respective managers, agents, and outside marketing agencies on a weekly basis.
• Distribute information to management teams weekly including Radio Adds, Playlist Adds, Video Adds etc.
• Keep the following reports up to date daily & weekly:
BDS report on all roster acts
Artist Calendars (Save & Print)
Bi-Weekly Marketing Highlights
Latest & Greatest Reports
Next Big Sound
Artist Social Report
• Assist with creating and maintaining reports such as:
Artist Assets Email
Marketing Plan Of Action
Marketing Recap Plan
Project Stats Reports
Artist Release Stats One Sheets
Artist End Of Year One Sheets
Artist Talking Points Docs
• Managing saving items to the S drive as they come in i.e. press Clippings, photos, Artwork, Audio Track Links, credits, Lyrics, etc.
• Attend events, parties, and shows to form relationships with contacts at other record labels, agencies, and entertainment companies
• Act as support in communications between product managers and artist's management
• Liaise with Product Manager and outside marketing and street team companies and provide tools such as posters, stickers, CDs, samplers, music and other merch items
• Interview and hire interns for each semester. Mentor and provide direction for interns assigned to the department
• Keep department stocked with supplies
Rockstar candidates for this role are/have:
• Previous administrative experience required (internship, support role, freelance in a corporate setting, long term temps)
• A background in Music Marketing
• Strong Computer Skills – Proficient in Microsoft Office, Photoshop & Mailchimp (or an equivalent program)
• Basic graphic design skills
• Self- efficient/Self Starter
• Highly motivated
• Works well in fast paced environment
• Takes constructive criticism well
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Interpersonal Communication Skills
• Able to Multi-task
• Excellent Communicators
• Detail Oriented
• Thick Skin
• Level Headed
• Aware of Industry Culture
• Efficient at networking
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Passionate about the Music industry (Marketing/Procut Management Specifically)
• Past Experience in or with the music industry
• Knowledge about the Atlantic & APG current rosters
• Good with numbers
• Pride in having a professional demeanor at all times
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.