Warner Music GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Promotion works towards developing awareness and exposure for records through various mediums focusing on but not limited to radio. The department works with marketing, sales, publicity, and digital marketing, creating grass roots and national promotion strategies to garner airplay at key lifestyle, club, and radio outlets.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
This position will support two executives in the Promotion department, covering 3 radio formats.
• Assist with daily activities for a large roster of artists, radio stations & staff
• Manage all administrative duties including: organization, calendar and scheduling
• Calculate T&E reports
• Compose P.O.s for all invoices and expedite payment to vendors and staff
• Record weekly Targets & Projections from field staff
• Maintain a vast system of electronic and physical files
• Heavy phones, faxing, copying and e-mail correspondence
• Arrange travel for staff as well as promotional contest winners
Promotion Department Duties:
• Create, update and distribute adds sheets, Promotional Overviews, Soundscan reports
• Communicate regularly with Mediabase, Soundscan, and R&R by running reports for reference and distribution
• Research special projects relating to radio
• Set-up, coordinate and execute artist phone-in interviews
• Play an integral role in all types of radio promotion
• Proactive, can-do attitude, resourceful
• Excellent organizational and follow through skills
• Attention to detail and deadlines
• Able to multi-task efficiently and prioritize work load
• Able to identify system deficiencies and create new solutions
• Professional demeanor
• Good communication skills
• Career interest in Radio Promotion
• Music knowledge
• Proficient in Soundscan, Mediabase, Excel, Word, Outlook
• Knowledge of Photoshop, PowerPoint and emerging music technology
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2017 Warner Music Inc.