Assistant, Marketing & Digital
Warner Music GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Assistant, Marketing & Digital
Job Title: Assistant, Marketing and Digital
A little bit about our team:
We are multitaskers responsible for all marketing, digital marketing, artist development, content creation, art direction, promotion, publicity and branding for a diverse roster of artists.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Assistant, Marketing & Digital provides administrative support for the SVP of Marketing in addition to assisting with the overall marketing strategy and digital marketing (website and social media management) efforts for department's diverse roster. In this position, you will be highly involved in helping the department organize content releases, execute marketing campaigns and develop each artist's unique vision and brand. You will interface with all internal staff, managers, booking agents, etc. on a daily basis to help drive these aforementioned efforts in a timely and professional manner.
Here you'll get to:
• Maintain supervisors' calendars, coordinate scheduling of meetings, monitor phones
• Run all sales, streaming and radio reports for distribution internally and externally
• Book travel for supervisors and any artist travel as needed
• Organize and submit routine travel and expense reports
• Organize artist calendars, timelines, schedules, marketing updates and one-sheets
• Act as a support between supervisors, artists and artist management
• Process all department invoices from vendors and follow through on payment
• Interview, hire, train and manage department interns each semester
• Brainstorm and create exciting, ''cool'' and new online content (exclusive video content, artist journals, photo galleries, etc.) for artists to drive traffic and exposure
• Oversee artist social media accounts and promote content through online channels
• Design and oversee production of artist marketing tools such as posters, stickers, digital assets, banners, email blasts and more
• Order, manage and maintain department office supply inventory
• Manage artist events with outside vendors and venues
• Attend events, shows and parties to form relationships within the industry
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You're extremely organized
• You're an effective communicator
• You're a team player
• You're able to multitask and prioritize workflow
• You're able to manage multiple deadlines and urgent tasks
• You're passionate and knowledge of the music scene and lifestyle
• You're a creative individual who likes to think outside of the box
• You have a working knowledge of interactive technologies and communication tools including email, social media, and viral marketing techniques (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, Snapchat, etc.)
• You have excellent verbal/writing skills and strong attention to detail
• You have computer skills: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Photoshop, basic HTML, analytics tools, email and other marketing tools
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience working directly with artists, artist managers, booking agencies, etc.
• Advanced skills in Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator, short-form video editing
• College degree (any major) from a university preferred
• Several years music-related experience preferred
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.