Assistant, A&R Administration
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Assistant, A&R Administration
Job Title: Assistant, A&R Administration
A little bit about our team:
The intersection of A&R, Business Affairs and Finance, A&R Administration oversees the recording process from a business perspective. This includes administering all A&R related budgets and handling recording related legal issues and logistics. Further, the department serves as the primary interface between A&R/Marketing/Legal and Production in the creation and release of all commercial and promotional products. You will be one of three departmental support staff members, reporting to the EVP of A&R Operations.
Why this could be your next big break:
You'll provide strong administrative support and work independently to solve problems in a fast moving business environment.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist supervisors with day to day management of recording projects.
• Complete general administrative duties: answer phones, calendar management, filing, scanning, etc.
• Coordinate artist travel, including flights, lodging, and ground transportation and the tracking of the associated spend.
• Process invoices, including the creation of vendors and coding of invoices in our financial systems.
• Correspond with vendors to issue purchase orders and resolve outstanding invoice issues.
• Arrange tracking, mixing, and mastering sessions.
• Draft transmittal letters and form legal documents, including Work For Hire and Remix agreements.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Excellent phone and communication skills.
• Comfortable with spreadsheets, numbers and math.
• Self-motivated and able to complete tasks independently.
• Detail oriented, well organized and focused.
• Calm under pressure.
• Hard worker for whom no task is too small.
• Microsoft Word and Excel competent.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Some knowledge of the recording processes a plus.
• Prior assistant experience including answering phones, booking travel and handling T&E.
• More interest in the business side of the music industry than the creative side.
• This is a position for someone who likes to work behind the scenes and as part of a team.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.