Analyst - Participations
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
The U.S. Shared Services Reporting Department is responsible for managing all of the reporting obligations of WMG's U.S. record labels (including those operated by the Atlantic Records, Rhino Entertainment, Warner Bros. Records, and Warner Music Nashville) to recording artists, producers, writers and publishers, labor unions, and other external payees. The Department's services include the following:
• Calculating and paying royalties to recording artists, producers, and other third parties;
• Calculating the net profits earned by joint ventures between WMG's record labels and external parties and then paying those external parties their contractual shares of such profits;
• Calculating and paying mechanical royalties to songwriters and/or their publishers and administrators; and
• Calculating and paying monies due to labor unions pursuant to the terms of the collective bargaining agreements between such unions and the applicable WMG record labels that are signatories to those agreements.
Members of the Department work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release.
High Level Job Description:
Prepare participation, Pressing & Distribution (P&D), merchandise and tour statements on behalf of WMG's recorded music labels and subsidiaries.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Prepare participation, Pressing & Distribution (P&D), merchandise, and tour statements in accordance with financial terms detailed in the contract
• Read contract briefs and understand key contract terms to facilitate accurate reporting
• Prepare, analyze, and review supporting data
• Communicate with various label departments to research matters as required
• Assist with monthly and quarterly accounting close process as it relates to participation reporting, including, but not limited to, updating schedules, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, preparing journal entries, and maintaining documentation
• Prepare cash flow reports
• Document procedures performed
• Maintain real time schedules of statement status
• Learn operational and accounting systems and the related flow of data through the systems
• General and ad hoc tasks relating to participations
• Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal skills needed in communicating with various departments
Education and Experience:
• BA/BS degree required, preferably in accounting or finance related fields
• 0 to 2 years' experience working in related capacity
• SAP experience is a plus
• Entertainment/Music Industry experience a plus
• Participations and/or Royalties experience a plus
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2017 Warner Music Inc.
The U.S. Shared Services organization is based in WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services in Nashville, Tennessee (the ''Center''). The Center consists of five departments: Analysis, Finance, Legal, Licensing, and Reporting. Employees of the Center provide services to all of WMG's U.S. record labels, Warner-Chappell Music Publishing, WEA Corp. and Alternative Distribution Alliance (WMG's distribution companies), and WMG's other U.S. business units.