Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, A&R
A little bit about our team:
Under direct supervision with some latitude for independent judgment and decision, is responsible for performing relatively complex administrative duties such as creating and preparing routine materials and proofreading, verifying and editing all materials for accuracy and clarity. Utilizes advanced computer skills to prepare complex correspondence, reports, charts, tables and forms.
Why this could be your next big break:
Warner Chappell Music Publishing is the smallest major publishing company. We operate like a boutique company with the outreach and resources of a major. We arguably have the most in demand roster in the business and the company as a whole has never been this ''hot.'' Join a winning team and work with some of the best songwriters in the business on their never a dull moment journey to a #1, or #1s for that matter!
Here you'll get to:
• Welcome visitors, screen and direct phone calls/inquiries, book sessions and manage songwriter's calendar, process expenses, schedule and coordinate domestic and international meetings, maintain all calendar items, coordinate domestic and international travel, process incoming mail and correspondence, prepare outgoing mail, and ensure the office is always fully equipped and functions smoothly.
• Responsible for organizing writer sessions and studios.
• Work independently to complete routine departmental or unit functions and/or tasks including, but not limited to, various correspondence, preparing and updating recurring internal reports, forms, tables, pamphlets, etc. from rough draft, handwritten notes, or verbal instructions.
• Proofread and edit drafts and final materials for appropriate consistent format, accuracy of financial figures or other data and make corrections as needed.
• Maintain and update department files, records and publications.
• Screen all correspondence and publications, bringing those of significance to the Company's attention.
• Responsible for obtaining splits, co-writer, and publisher information for new releases / songs and delivering information to copyright department for processing via the AS/400 system.
• Maintain show and event calendar.
• Responsible for completing tasks specific within the area, department, or division along with the aforementioned duties and responsibilities in a satisfactory manner as determined by the officers and managers of the division and/or Company.
Rockstar candidates will have/be able to:
• A high school level education required
• One (1) to two (2) years of highly responsible experience in an administrative supportive role preferably in a music publishing or related business
• A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.
• Handles and safeguards confidential and proprietary information.
• Effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
• Read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data.
• Perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• General computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ITunes.
• Interest and knowledge of contemporary music and current music trends.
• Knowledge of general business practices.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Strong organization skills, high attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments while producing quality work and being accountable.
• Manage time.
• Ability to work well on a team.
• Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work.
• Anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks.
• Thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
• Consistently takes initiative.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree preferred; preferably augmented by course work in music publishing, business administration and related fields.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances. WMG will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.