Technical Designer, Mobile Games
Warner Bros.San Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - San Francisco
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world's most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Technical Designer for its mobile R&D team. Are you a designer who loves exploring bold new ideas? Do you embrace failure as a learning opportunity? Join us and invent the next generation of WB Games in beloved franchises like Harry Potter, Batman, and Wonder Woman.
On the R&D team you will be a core member of a small team working to bring early-phase concepts to life. You will design games and features, and you will help build them in Unity. You will have the opportunity to experiment with different genres, explore innovative ideas, and learn both from what does and doesn't work. This role requires a strong design sense and good technical skills. You should be comfortable writing code and design documents.
In this role you will use your hands-on Unity skills to build exciting and fun game prototypes. You must be able to engage with the design at every level from the highest concepts to the gritty details. You are responsible for the feel of the prototype. You will work closely with a small team of experienced collaborators, and you must have the communication skills and experience to know what to ask for and when to push back.
• Work with the R&D team to create and hone prototypes of games and features in Unity.
• Create game design documents for features and games to communicate concepts and define requirements.
• Create content for game systems and prototypes.
• Contribute to greenlight pitches for early-stage concepts.
• 2-3 years professional experience developing mobile games as either an engineer or designer.
• Demonstrable game development experience with both engineering and design.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience.
• Scripting or coding experience, C# programming is a bonus.
• Knowledge of Unity.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Documentation skills and experience.
• Presentation skills.
• Strong passion for games and game mechanics.
• Familiarity with the mobile, free-to-play games market.
• Desire to work with mass-market WB IP.
• Drive to deliver work that meets a high standard.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.