Senior Analyst, Strategy & Business Development
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank, United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
E.C. Publications, Inc. seeks a Senior Analyst, Strategy & Business Development for the Finance department.
Strategy & Business Development Analytics
• Support strategic development, including those around priority WarnerMedia brands, franchises & key properties
• Collaborate on research efforts for key properties with Warner Bros. Global Insights & Analytics
• Analyze relevant data such as competitive information, industry trends, and historical performance to develop sound forecasts in support of plans
• Develop and maintain financial models for business cases with key assumptions, planned ROI, risks and upside to plan
• Build presentation decks summarize findings and visualizing concepts
• Participate in cross-functional project teams, including:
• Align with executives on project goals, cadence and deliverables
• Drive collaboration and effectiveness in project team
• Maintain project plans, milestone metrics and timelines
• Report out on progress, identifying any risks
Business Development Support
• Support identification of high priority operational initiatives, relevant stakeholders and responsible parties
• Support development of franchise financial models, including:
• Recommend key inputs based on financial levers across all WarnerMedia businesses
• Develop assumptions and present to key stakeholders
• Support P&L model and process to link to financial forecasting & reporting
• Functional owner of franchise financial and KPI dashboards, including:
• Recommend approach based on decision drivers and competitive data
• Support development of overall franchise dashboard
• Create & manage model for financial dashboard – linking process to P&L model and financial reporting cycle
• Create & manage process for collecting and tracking competitive benchmarks
• Monitor and report out on progress towards KPI goals
• Analyze impact of initiatives on current operating models and workflows & support the development of future state operating models along with other support activities, including process flows and project plans to execute changes
Identify resources, including systems, needed to build and maintain strategies
Business Process Improvement
• Support identification of opportunities for business process improvement by analyzing current state processes to ensure alignment with WarnerMedia goals and identify areas for increased efficiencies
• Develop business cases, including financial impact, of proposed process efficiencies and document the future state process flows with associated implementation plans
• Work with other WarnerMedia groups on change proposals, as necessary
• Develop or improve financial projection models and processes (i.e., financial greenlight, by-title projections)
Maintain project plans, milestone metrics and timeline to implement new processes & develop reports used to update stakeholders and WarnerMedia Executives on progress & risks identified
• Minimum 2 years' experience in related field required.
• Experience in budgeting, long ranging planning, financial analysis & reporting preferred
• Experience supporting brand and/or franchise development experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in related field required.
• Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
• Proficiency with SAP & Business Warehouse or other enterprise financial reporting software preferred
• Strong analytical capabilities and understanding of financial reporting & accounting principles
• Effective and proven organization, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and remotely (e.g., telepresence, video conference, etc.)
• Ability to develop and implement projects.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally when needed
• Ability to pay close attention to details and understand written and oral instructions.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and to organize, schedule and prioritize work effectively.
• Ability to work well under time constraints.
Management may add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.