Technical Director - Animation
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Search for Technical Director - Animation jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Technical Director - Animation postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Director - Animation? Warner Bros. Animation (Burbank) is looking for a TD 1, to work on a 2D Animated series for Netflix
The TD is responsible for creating and maintaining software tools, providing front-line support to artists and leads, editorial, post-production, and archiving and general troubleshooting of the 2D pipeline in a fast-paced production environment.
• Maintain and develop tools for Shotgun. Extend functionality of Shotgun through the creation of stand alone Python GUIs, Action Menus, and Event Triggers
• Troubleshoot 2D asset creation, color styling, 2D efx, animation, rough comp, and final comp
• Assist in developing and maintaining the entire pipeline lifecycle
• Works with show leads and digital supervisor to provide support for the show
• Develop and import plug-ins for various software programs
• Develop additional tools that may be needed for Shotgun, and other programs
• Highly experienced with Shotgun (2+ years).
• Must understand current industry animation techniques, and technologies
• Highly organized and independently solves problems with little supervision
• Excellent communication skills
• Familiarity with naming conventions and file organization
• Proficient in Harmony, Photoshop, After Effects, and Maya
• Experience with Apache2 HTTP, Wiki Servers, MEL, and PyMel preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of Mac OS, Windows, and Linux preferred.
• Experienced with writing Python and MEL scripts.
• A firm understanding of GUI toolkits such as PySide and Tk.