Summer Intern - WBTV Casting
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The NY casting department at Warner Bros. Television is seeking a bright, creative undergraduate student (currently enrolled) for a paid, part time internship for the summer internship. We are the New York series regular casting office for all Warner Bros. Television original pilots and for all Warner Bros. Television shows currently on the air.
This is an ideal opportunity for undergraduate students interested in a career in casting, acting, directing or other areas of the entertainment industry.
Candidates should have strong organizational and computer skills as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize. This is a serious commitment, providing hands on experience with major network professionals. Theatrical background is a plus!
• Handle high phone volume; must have a very professional phone manner.
• Assist the Casting Administrator in arranging auditions.
• Read all scripts and audition materials and update materials as needed.
• Organize record keeping systems and provide administrative support.
• Participate in the audition room as needed (i.e. reader or tech support).
• Work side by side with long standing television casting directors in an audition setting.
• Observe how the decision-making process progresses from behind the scenes.
• Interns are encouraged to see as much theater as possible and become knowledgeable about New York theatre, TV, and film production as it relates to casting.