Summer Intern - Games Production
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
What part will you play?
Our internship program is designed to provide an opportunity to gain knowledge of and exposure to a working studio environment. The Company makes a special effort to provide the support and training needed to prepare interns to succeed in real-time projects and assignments.
Summer 2019 Internships start in June 2019 and are generally 10 weeks long. To be eligible to participate in our internship program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Must be enrolled in pursuit of a degree at an accredited college or university during the entire 10 weeks of the internship.
• Must be available to intern full-time in Burbank, CA from Mondays to Fridays starting June 2019 – September 2019.
• Must be in good academic standing.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to provide own relocation housing and transportation.
• Must be able to provide copy of unofficial transcript.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is seeking a Games Production Intern for the Production Support department. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about the way a game publisher operates and functions by working closely with Producers and other staff within the Production group.
WBIE is currently involved in a variety of projects, ranging from original IP to casual games to core games to well-known franchises and produces games on all platforms (console, digital, mobile). All of this would provide for a well-rounded experience at an exciting game publishing studio making its mark on the industry.
• Assist in production operations by researching market competitiveness (e.g. feature set) and performing testing for upcoming titles.
• Participate in process meetings, marketing meetings, and gameplay focus group sessions as needed.
• Sift through documentation to find through-lines from various sources (outside reviewer reports, internal reports, usability, etc).
• - Assistance in setting up demos on a variety of different hardware.
• General playthroughs of all games, including write-ups on positives and negatives.
• Support the Production group with PowerPoint and general office duties as needed.
What do we require from you?
• Pursuit of a college degree in Computer Science, Game Development, Game Design, or a related major.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel required.
• Passion and knowledge of video game industry and familiarity with the latest popular single and multiplayer titles.
• Outstanding time management skills to handle multiple and changing priorities.