Spring Intern - Publicity
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Worldwide Marketing Publicity Department is responsible for managing all publicity for our Theatrical Releases. This internship is designed to expose students interested in pursuing careers in marketing to several facets of Publicity while giving them hands on experience assisting the Publicity team in theatrical releases. Internships will last 10 weeks approximately 24 hours per week.
• Work with individuals in department on specific strategic projects pertaining to theatrical releases.
• Participate in all team meetings, brainstorming sessions, department events, screenings and other activities to gain exposure to all parts of Publicity.
• Assigned specific individual projects to work on throughout the internship which pertain to all aspects of Publicity.
• Research and respond to inquiries.
• Distribute incoming/outgoing faxes, e-mails, tapes, and other correspondence.
• Performs administrative duties as assigned.
Candidate must be currently enrolled in coursework at an accredited college/university.
Preferred students will be studying Marketing or Communications.
PC knowledge preferred: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows.
Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge of basic math, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and English usage.
Knowledge of file set-up, maintenance and filing procedures.
Knowledge of report, letter, etc. format.
Proficient in internet research.
Experience in an office setting or the entertainment industry preferred.