Manager, Canada Payroll Services
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupMontreal, QC
Full Time Job
The Manager of Canada Payroll Services is responsible for managing the company's overhead payroll operations in Canada (Montreal and Toronto) and will support HR Services management of international travel and expense (T&E); and ongoing service delivery support to key stakeholders in HR Services, Legal, Finance and Human Resources.
Oversee operations of the payroll function in Montreal and Toronto (40%)
• Develop, implement and maintain procedures to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll in Montreal and Toronto.
• Work with Legal, Finance and HR to ensure payroll compliance in Canada.
• Point of contact for day to day Montreal/Toronto payroll operations, liaising with local territory teams as needed.
• Entry point of contact for all Montreal/Toronto employees for all payroll questions.
• Ensure payroll service delivery is accurate, timely and aligned with service level agreements.
• Identify opportunities and help to implement continuous improvements for procedures in the payroll area.
• Work closely with the local HR team and the payroll vendor on all payroll related reporting, including updates and submissions to Home Office.
Manage payroll vendor relations within Canada (Safeguard) (20%)
• Manage the ongoing relationship with payroll vendor(s) for Canada.
• Track and log global payroll vendor's performance (i.e., open tickets, SLAs, etc).
• Review and validate vendor invoices for payroll services and T&E processing.
• Facilitate regular status meetings with the vendor.
• Escalate issues and risks to the vendor and within Warner Bros.
Manage international T&E service delivery in Canada (15%)
• Serve as regional contact for the Concur system, liaising with HR Services in Burbank for any matters related to Concur support/training.
Manage Canada integration process for payroll (10%)
• Point of contact regarding the update of international payroll data to the SAP general ledger (work with Technology to resolve any translation/interface issues and perform payroll account reconciliations as needed).
• Provide global payroll reporting services to HR Services, Finance, HR and Legal as needed.
• Assist and support key stakeholders in Finance by providing information needed for account reconciliation, tax and other financial processes (e.g., preparation of salary and vacation accruals) as needed.
• Facilitate and support current payroll processes as part of interim procedures during the payroll implementation/rollout.
Manage international payroll activities for the region to include: (10%)
• Working to design, implement and execute payroll operations in the region (i.e., processes, procedures, reporting).
• Liaise with the vendor to address employee inquiries and requests for reporting, etc.
• Monitor and report on the performance of the vendor.
• Respond to all payroll related questions
Other projects as required (5%)
• Minimum 5 years of Canadian payroll, finance or travel and expense experience within Canada required
• Direct experience and understanding of related requirements in payroll/compensation for Quebec, Canada is required
• Minimum 5 years of management/supervisory experience in a payroll environment required
• Experience with systems and processes required (ADP, SAP)
• Understanding of regulations related to salaries, taxes, benefits and other Canadian payroll related matters required
• Strong finance skills including knowledge of best practices in areas of Canadian payroll a plus
• Experience with Finance and HR operations a plus
• Payroll certification a plus
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent in years of experience) in Business, Accounting, Human Resources Management or related field or the equivalent knowledge and experience
• Good knowledge of compensation/benefit practices and statutory requirements across provinces in Canada
• Specific knowledge of payroll and compensation practices and statutory requirements in Quebec, Canada is required
• Exposure to and familiar with various payroll systems, applications, vendors in use within the Canadian market
• Verbal and written communication skills – including ability to speak and write in English and French in a professional environment is mandatory
• Must have strong organization and follow-through skills
• Must have strong deductive reasoning and problem solving skills
• Must have proven successful customer service skills and be adept at diffusing difficult situations
• Must be able to understand new or unfamiliar information or complex documents easily
Must be confidential with sensitive data and information
Flexibility in work hours may be required to support other regions (if needed as backup)
Travel to Burbank may be required (estimated at 5%, allocated throughout the year)
**** Please send your resume in English****