Intern - Data Engineer
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupNeedham, MA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The WB Games studio is looking for passionate and curious professionals to help level up their data and analytics team. Like us, you love games, and love to have fun. We look for those whose curiosity drives them to try new things, aren't afraid to fail, and continuously learn.
The Data challenges at WB Games are extensive and you can expect to level up in all data domains. This includes software engineering, distributed systems, data modelling and machine learning.
What part will you play?
• Be part of the game development process, helping teams design and implement analytic-based features.
• Learn the internals of building a robust end-to-end data pipeline on all levels especially in software development, databases, infrastructure, data modelling and data processing.
• Contribute code to production data systems and gain strong software engineering practice.
• Gain hands-on experience in distributed data processing technologies: Redshift, Airflow, and Presto.
• Learn techniques for high volume distributed data processing and storages.
• Ensure the integrity, availability, and confidentiality of data, database systems and supporting services.
What do we require from you?
• You are familiar with one or more of these technologies: Java, Python, or PostgreSQL.
• You are comfortable with DevOps cloud tools (Amazon, EC2, or Google Cloud) and have some working knowledge of monitoring tools.
• You have side projects or viewable public code on Github, Bitbucket, etc.
• You are currently pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, with an expected graduation date of 2019 or 2020.
• You are well-versed in object-oriented programming (OOP).
• You have some experience with Hadoop or other data engineering or database software.