Intern - Cinematic Layout
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupSalt Lake City, UT
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for a Cinematic Layout Intern to join our growing team on an unannounced AAA title!
Ideal candidates will have strong technical skills and will be deeply knowledgeable and passionate about the art of cinematography, blocking, and pacing. Applicants should be creative, self-motivated problem solvers who enjoy partnering with other artists, programmers and designers to create an immersive game experience.
What part will you play?
• Using your knowledge of cinematography and visual storytelling, collaborate with Producers, Story Artists, Animators, FX Artists, Sound Artists, and Lighters to generate dramatic cut-scenes, create and render alluring marketing videos, and add life and appeal to the conversations and environments of our games.
• Transform a cinematic from concept art and ideas into a 3D visualization. Shepherd the cinematic throughout the process of its creation and ensure its completion at a high degree of quality.
• Work with Programmers to develop and refine cinematic tool-sets and workflows.
What do we require from you?
• Experience in Maya and Unreal 4 Ability to produce quality staging, blocking, and camera animations for cinematic scenes.
• Basic understanding of animation principles.
• Talent for technical problem solving.
• Ability to balance effective time management with quality production work under tight deadlines.
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills.