Global Insights & Analytics Intern - Summer
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
What part will you play?
Our internship program is designed to provide an opportunity to gain knowledge of and exposure to a working studio environment. The Company makes a special effort to provide the support and training needed to prepare interns to succeed in real-time projects and assignments.
Summer 2019 Internships start in June 2019 and are generally 10 weeks long. To be eligible to participate in our internship program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Must be enrolled in pursuit of a degree at an accredited college or university during the entire 10 weeks of the internship.
• Must be available to intern full-time in Burbank, CA from Mondays to Fridays starting June 2019 – September 2019.
• Must be in good academic standing.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to provide own relocation housing and transportation.
• Must be able to provide copy of unofficial transcript.
Burbank Television Enterprises LLC seeks a Global Insights & Analytics Intern for the Global Insights & Analytics Syndication department.
Under supervision, Intern will work collaboratively across the various insight teams within Warner Bros. Global Insights & Analytics, supporting:
• Consumer Insights/FanLab.
• Global Franchise, Programming, Retail & Experiences.
• Content Sales & Distribution.
• Corporate Strategy & Digital Networks.
Intern will produce reports, take part in meetings, work on both qualitative and quantitative research projects, use sophisticated internal and external applications and research software and learn how the data can be used to help grow Warner Bros.' businesses.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis as necessary to support Programming partners, (Telepictures Horizon, Shed Media), WBTV distribution, marketing, promotions, ad sales, publicity and business development, Consumer Products, WB Digital Network teams using multiple data sources (such as Nielsen, WRAP, comScore, Tubular, Shareablee, NPD, Euromonitor, etc).
• Write bi-weekly newsletter with insights and personal perspective on media and entertainment industry news/deals, etc
• Produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports for all Warner Bros. Television and Digital properties and provide analysis on rating and traffic trends.
• Create category/sales presentations positioning research to tell compelling stories / insights for agencies and clients.
• Distribute published industry articles/reports with key findings.
• Creates and maintains various spreadsheets and reports.
What do we require from you?
• Pursuit of a college degree in Film/TV, Business, Research, Communications, Psychology, or related field.
• Experience working with syndicated television and digital research tools including Nielsen Galaxy Explorer, NPower, WRAP Overnights, ComScore, Simmons, PlanMetrix, @Plan, Omniture, NPD, Trends, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Some exposure & familiarity with Nielsen rating services preferred.
• Some understanding of basic research methods & programming strategies preferred.
• Strong interest in the entertainment industry, television, digital, and product in particular.