Fall Intern - Publicity
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Television seeks a Publicity Intern-Fall 2018 for the TV Publicity department. The publicity internship is designed to provide an opportunity to gain knowledge of and exposure to a working studio environment. The company makes a special effort to provide the support and training needed to prepare interns to succeed in real-time projects and assignments. This intern may:
• Assist in reading various publications (newspapers and magazines as well as online media/bloggers) for press clippings about WBTV and Warner Horizon shows.
• Perform administrative tasks, such as collating, copying, filing scripts, answer phones, fax, file and make photocopies.
• Search for and organize press clippings, using various PR tools, such as Cision, Vocus, Critical Mention, etc.
• Attend and assist at various types of publicity functions when schedule permits: press conferences, press set visits, photo shoots, etc.
• Work with written communications department on writing/research assignments as directed, including series and episodic description copy, social media communication, trivia questions and more as needed.
• Perform other related duties/projects as assigned.
What do we require from you?
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university.
• Prior internship for a media company in a marketing or publicity support role or Advertising Agency experience (a plus)
• Proficient in MS Office, entertainment blogs specific to TV and WB destination genres, and social media platforms beyond Twitter and Facebook.
• Good communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills – both verbal and written.
• Ability to balance, multi-task and prioritize requests and still meet deadlines.
• Keen interest in publicity.
• Able to travel and excel in working live events or events not in a traditional office environment.
• Able to maintain a positive disposition in a fast-paced environment and during demanding times.
• Able and willing to take initiative and to problem solve as appropriate within the scope of responsibilities of this position.