Director, Organization Development
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
What part will you play?
We are seeking a Director to join our Organization Development team. In this role, you will be responsible for the ongoing design and deployment of OD initiatives to improve the overall effectiveness of the Company and its employees. An emphasis is placed on connecting individual efforts to the larger Organizational Effectiveness (OE) strategy and company business objectives.
• Develop strong working relationships with key business leaders and HR generalists in assigned client groups while acting as their liaison to the larger OE team. Leverage these relationships to identify areas within the business that are faced with organizational health challenges which are directly related to business objectives. Actively manage requests from the business and HR, prioritizing work appropriately and questioning the value of work when necessary. Proactively weigh in on larger OE strategic goals and help set the direction for the OD group.
• Partner closely with HR generalists, business unit leadership, other OE team members and contract resources to design and implement solutions to critical organization development issues. Approach issues with a strong project management methodology. Exhibit strong team leadership skills and marshal appropriate resources to enable agreed upon solutions to be successful. Ensure strategies for sustainability are put in place. The Director is responsible for managing unit expenditures within budget and advising business units regarding OD related expenses.
• Care for and help drive talent management activities within assigned client groups. This includes working with business unit leadership and HR to:
o Identify key leadership talent,
o Track high-potential/high-performing leaders,
o Create and maintain development plans for key leadership,
o create and maintain succession plans for key leadership,
o Facilitate job rotation, appropriate project placement, and stretch assignments
o Contribute to annual WB organization talent reviews.
• Create a positive local team climate and contributing to the positive climate of the larger OE team. This includes active participation in OE leadership discussions and decisions, partnering with other OD resources domestically and abroad and working to enhance the image of the group across the business. This also includes the commitment of team resources to support enterprise-wide development initiatives.
What do we require from you?
• Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Psychology, Business Administration, Education or related area.
• At least 7 years of experience creating and implementing organization development strategies in large organizations and 3 years of experience leading teams that did work in the following areas:
o Organization development techniques.
o Succession management.
o Change management.
o Performance management.
o Leadership development.
o Feedback assessment tools.
o Facilitation of development sessions.
o Use of surveys and metrics.
• Exceptional facilitation skills.
• Proven exceptional relationship building and communication skills, especially when interacting with senior leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to drive change and influence the adoption of new ideas (supporting change management for large scale systems implementations preferred).
• Strong understanding of adult learning principles with an emphasis on use of technology and new media to deliver development programs.
• Strong project planning, project management, and project integration skills.
• Experience using survey and assessment tools to identify business needs and measure effectiveness of solutions.
• Able to think strategically and act autonomously to make sound, data-based business decisions.
• Ability to exhibit a ''can do'' attitude while focusing on the greater good of the team and our business.
Bonus points for?
• Advanced degree in Organizational Development, Psychology, Business Administration, Education or related area.
• Certification in one or more assessment/feedback instrument preferred (e.g. DiSC, MBTI, 360 assessment tools).
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.