Data Scientist, Workforce Analytics
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
What part will you play?
We are looking for a talented Data Scientist to join our Workforce Analytics function and will be responsible for predictive modeling, analysis of workforce data and support our HR teams in meeting their goals and objectives.
As a Data Scientist, you are expected to formulate the questions that will help the business and then proceed in solving them. You will make independent decision on what tools, technologies, methodologies to use in the process and you will be expected to build statistical models using advanced programming. The Data scientist is someone who combines business understanding, data handling, programming, and data visualization skills to drive better business results. Specifically, the responsibilities will include the following:
• Developing statistical and machine learning solutions to identify WB overall and cross-divisional business unit talent opportunities.
• Designing and implementing solutions utilizing a large array of know-how areas within analytics (e.g. generalized regression, decision tree, non-parametric) and machine learning (e.g., gradient boosting, random forest, neural networks, clustering, pattern recognition).
• Communicating and presenting findings and recommendations to senior leadership team with in WB.
• Providing input/guidance in the acquisition of data and analytical competencies to strengthen Workforce data related capabilities.
• Providing guidance and assigning work to junior data analysts.
What do we require from you?
• Bachelor or higher degree in engineering or quantitative discipline, or equivalent combination of training and work experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in advanced data mining techniques and tools such as R and Python, and familiar with manipulating large-scale structured and unstructured data.
• Minimum 1 year of experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
• Proficient with statistics, data modeling, and analysis.
• Experience with SQL, relational database, database management.
• Experience in transforming goals/requests into a visual story to help end users identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
• Experience in process improvement, management consulting or HR system transactions are helpful.
• Understands the functional and technical details, but can think strategically.