Manager, Disney University Operations
Walt Disney Parks & ResortsGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Disney University Operations (Glendale)
The Disney University provides training and leadership development programs to our Disney Parks, Experiences Consumer Products Cast, Crew, and Imagineers. By teaching and training Cast, Crew and Imagineers, we ensure the success of the rich heritage, culture and traditions of the Walt Disney Company. From the first day on the job to senior leadership training and development, the Disney University is a vital part of the learning journey for all Cast Members.
We currently have an opening for a salaried full-time Manager, Disney University Operations in support of our Burbank/Glendale campuses. This position will lead the programmatic work for the Traditions orientation program, which is delivered to Cast, Crew and Imagineers on the West Coast. In addition, this position will be responsible for providing programmatic & facilitation support, partnering with leaders to facilitate leadership content at the Disney University.
• Provide programmatic support functions associated with the Disney University Traditions orientation program and manage the strategy & daily operation of the Disney University.
• Manage communication of the Traditions program, reserving training space, room set up and break down, material inventory and preparation, managing the program budget, and training & leading the Traditions facilitation team
• Track and manage hiring reports from Casting and Workforce Management, providing accurate reporting, forecasting and scheduling of the Traditions program.
• Assist with the preparation and facilitation of all leadership programs at the Disney University.
• Collaborate with key clients and subject matter experts to deliver transformational learning experiences to all levels of the organization.
• Partner with other Disney University departments to maintain accurate classroom records (including attendance), ensure class offerings are entered in D-Learn, and support & facilitate leadership programs.
• Position is highly operational and the qualified candidate will be managing the strategy, AOP & daily operation of the Disney University.
• Ability to manage multiple programs/projects
• Strong facilitation skills
• Operational knowledge with systems to support working virtually
• Demonstrated strong leadership to influence and drive results in an ever-changing environment
• Ability to maintain a show-ready environment
• Ability to work as a member of a team or independently
• Ability to develop creative ideas and solutions and strong problem solving skills
• Willingness to learn new software applications
• Operational knowledge and background
• Organizational skills with attention to detail
• Professionalism and strong Guest Service skills
• Strong verbal and written communications skills with ability to communicate in a timely and consistent manner
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule including nights, weekends, third shift and holidays
• Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time in all weather conditions
• Previous experience in a leadership position within a learning operations environment
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships across the Disneyland Resort, Centers of Excellence, Burbank and Glendale partners and client groups
• Proven ability to model Disney heritage and share Disney knowledge
• Previous facilitation experience with demonstrated knowledge of client audience
• Administrative DLearn knowledge
• SAP Workplace knowledge
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney's iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney's global consumer products operations include the world's leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world's largest children's publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.