Human Resources Business Partner
Walt Disney Parks & ResortsAnaheim, CA
Full Time Job
The Human Resources Business Partner position is responsible for providing valuable HR support and service to assigned client groups to enable business strategies, foster leadership success and shape the employee experience. This position joins a team of experienced HR Business Partners who support Disney Vacation Club and Adventure by Disney businesses on the West Coast. This position serves as a strategic partner to senior leadership by developing and delivering integrated and inclusive HR Services such as: Strategy Development, Organization Design, Talent Management, Organization & Cast Effectiveness, Change & Transition Management and Functional HR Integration.
• Provide strategic HR support and consultation focused on anticipating and assessing emerging business, organization or people trends and identifying and implementing the appropriate Human Resource solutions.
• Design and execute strategies to increase organization, team and individual performance to improve the business's capabilities to deliver against its goals.
• Provide expertise in the areas of leadership and executive team development, organization and Cast effectiveness, and meeting design/facilitation with a bias toward building client capability.
• Collaborate with HR functional partners to execute human resources strategies to enable business objectives and support future business growth.
• Execute the Talent Management process to identify current and forecasted talent needs and, in partnership with other site and segment partners, develop action plans to mitigate associated risk and improve confidence in future successor readiness to enable business objectives.
• Deliver HR services to clients resulting in a seamless point of contact to the broader HR organization and ensuring successful integration of functional partner initiatives and expertise.
• Leverage HR / business skills and knowledge to challenge or influence leadership in decision-making processes.
• Assist with the implementation of HR initiatives and programs, including those in the areas of diversity & inclusion, learning and development, and workforce planning
• Source, assess and develop the future leaders of the company in partnership with clients and key partners like recruitment and Learning and Development.
• Participate in the design and implementation of appropriate HR solutions to business strategies, initiatives and challenges
• Participate as a member of the DVC/AbD HR Team, including involvement in team meetings, learning opportunities and team-building activities
• Minimum 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience
• Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong prioritization skills
• Proven consulting and/or change management experience
• Proven knowledge of HR industry practices
• Demonstrated strong integration and strategic planning skills
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated strong facilitation and presentation skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
• Demonstrated ability to influence and partner within a diverse organization to help drive business results
• Proven ability to manage conflict and the courage to challenge organizational thinking
• Demonstrates emotional intelligence and manages well in a matrix environment
• Effective communication and influencing skills
• Ability to integrate and initiate work with key stakeholders and functional partners to ensure appropriate solutions are delivered to the organization
• Ability to develop strong relationships at all levels within the organization
• Ability to travel to Glendale on a weekly basis and other locations as needed
• SHRM certification or other HR industry equivalent
• Proven Disney Company functional HR experience
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, or related field
Master's Degree in Human Resources or related field
In this role the HRBP is required to split their time between Adventures by Disney (Glendale) and Disney Vacation Club at Disneyland (Anaheim).
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney's iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney's global consumer products operations include the world's leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world's largest children's publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.