Summer Intern - Story Artist
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/7/2019 3:02:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - Story Artist jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Summer Intern - Story Artist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Intern - Story Artist? Expand your skill set into the world of animation! Walt Disney Animation Studios Summer Internship Program is a ten-week experience designed for students studying art, animation, computer graphics, and film. As a Talent Development intern, you will have the unique opportunity to work directly with a Disney mentor as you explore all aspects of art, storytelling, and filmmaking. This immersive program offers hands-on experience focused on individual craft and multidisciplinary team collaboration.
The 2019 Summer Intern program will be held at our Burbank, CA studio starting June 2019. To be eligible for the Walt Disney Animation Studios Internship, you must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student who will return to school in the fall of 2019.
Story Artists translate story ideas into visual sequences. By working with other members of the production team, they will develop the cinematography and staging of the film; choosing initial camera placement and angles; defining action and camera movement. They must also convey the essence of storyline, scene structure, character emotion, and create action and humor in alignment with the overall direction of the film.
• REQUIRED: Portfolio of storyboard sequences. If submitting a portfolio, it MUST be formatted as a multipage PDF file with one story panel per page. If submitting an animatic, it MUST be formatted as a .mov file. Animatics submitted as video-sharing links such as Youtube or Vimeo will also be accepted. NO other format will be accepted
• Versatile range of character-driven story sequences preferred. Showcase through a variety of genres and conveyed emotion including: comedy, action, romance, suspense, drama, musical
• Sequences do not need to be a full film in length but should have a clear beginning, middle, and end
• Strong gestural draftsmanship, the ability to draw very loosely and roughly yet with clarity in character appeal and acting
• Strong understanding of cinematography and narrative staging with visually clear shot flow applied throughout work
• Strong understanding of acting and entertainment value
• Observational Drawings/Sketchbook samples
• Character moments, comics, and/or caricatures helpful
How to Apply:
• Create or update your profile and apply online
• Resume with month and year of expected graduation date
• Portfolio in PDF/Quicktime format and/or website
Current enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate student returning to school in the fall. Deadline for applications is January 6, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.