Summer Intern - CG Artist
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Expand your skill set into the world of animation! Walt Disney Animation Studios Summer Internship Program is a nine-week experience designed for students studying art, animation, computer graphics, and film. As a Talent Development intern, you will have the unique opportunity to work directly with a Disney mentor as you explore all aspects of art, storytelling, and filmmaking. This immersive program offers hands-on experience focused on individual craft and multidisciplinary team collaboration.
The 2019 Summer Intern program will be held at our Burbank, CA studio starting June 2019. To be eligible for the Walt Disney Animation Studios Internship, you must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student who will return to school in the fall of 2019.
• Interest in CG Art Departments such as Modeling, Look Development, Layout, Animation, Effects, Lighting. Multiple disciplines a plus
• A reel demonstrating your experience and interests in the CG arts
• Working knowledge/understanding of CG software such as Maya, ZBrush, Houdini, StudioPaint, Painter, Renderman, or Photoshop
• Strong eye for visual appeal
• Background in art, animation, or filmmaking a plus
• Scripting (MEL, PERL, CSH) a plus
• Include shot breakdown on your reel if applicable
How To Apply
• Create or update your profile and apply online
• Resume with month and year of expected graduation date
• Reel in Quicktime and/or website
Current enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate student returning to school in the fall. Deadline for applications is January 6, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.