Character TD Trainee
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/2/2018 7:02:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Character TD Trainee jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Character TD Trainee postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Character TD Trainee? Talent Development Artist: Character TD Trainee
Walt Disney Animation Studios Talent Development Program
Join us for an opportunity to experience the art of animation and be a part of Walt Disney Animation Studios. The Talent Development Apprentice Program is an immersive experience available for recent college graduates within three years of graduation for a 3, 6, 9 or 12 month paid position. The Talent Development Apprentice Program offers a unique opportunity to hone and understand skills, refine and strengthen key disciplines, and engage in a real-time production environment with the support of expert and show mentors throughout the program.
The Apprentice Program is based in Burbank, California, and begins February 2019. The first three months of the Apprentice Program starts out as a Disney Animation Trainee. The deadline for applications is November 30, 2018 11:59 PM PST.
The Character TD Trainee
Character TDs are challenged to not only create incredible rigs, but also refine every shot in the film with character effects work. They construct character rigs and animation interfaces, establishing muscle, skin and clothing behaviors that range from broad squash and stretch, to realistic physical simulations.
To apply for this position you must upload a resume and a reel with a reel breakdown.
Reels/portfolios/demonstrated skills should include:
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of Maya
• Demonstrated skills in rigging, and cloth/hair simulation
• Multiple rig examples: quadruped, biped, props and/or hair/cloth simulations that demonstrate good articulation, range of motion, and attention to detail
• If possible please provide examples of rigs/sims applied to a character that is in motion
• 4 year or graduate degree
• Excellent problem solving ability
• A good artistic eye
• Scripting in MEL or Python a plus
• Knowledge of Linux a plus
• Supplemental portfolio of drawing or sculpture reflecting an understanding of anatomy a plus
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.