Lighting/Electrical Shop Technician
VStar EntertainmentMinneapolis, MN
Full Time Job
Responsible for assisting with systems design, budgeting, planning, equipment spec and procurement, build, install and de-install of all rigging, lighting and electrical production elements for all VStar touring properties and other client-based projects.
This position entails supervision and oversight of contractors, local and touring crews during loading, unloading, setup and teardown of systems. Provide show support, training and support structure for both touring shows and other clients as needed per project specifications.
This person will provide show support, training and support structure for both touring shows and other clients as needed per project specifications.
We want you if you have:
• Extensive knowledge with practical hands on expertise in
o Theatrical electrical and automated moving light systems
o Networking of systems both wired and wireless
o Various lighting consoles, setup, programming and repair
o Electrical Systems ranging from 3.3v to 208v
• Ability to create and edit technical drawings using programs like AutoCAD and Vectorworks
• Ability to specify parts and equipment for safe repair of moving lights, power and motor distribution systems, and signal path distribution.
• Love contributing to a positive, collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
• Extensive knowledge of electrical meters, phase indicators, electrical measurements, formulas, resistance, data and amperage measurements and requirements.
• Repair and maintain all equipment related to the electrical department as directed by Supervisors and Best Practice Standards
• Assist with the development of prototype systems from research to design to fabrication of special effects, electrical mechanics systems and other custom build designs to be integrated into theatrical and 3D props and scenery.
• Supervise, instruct and teach touring lighting and electrics crews in assembly, maintenance and operation of production lighting touring systems.
• Serve as a resource of knowledge and troubleshooting for touring personnel both weekdays and on weekends as needed in relation to Vstar's show support network system.
• Maintains records and purchasing request to comply with Production Services Standard Operating Procedures.
• Keeps accurate records of time and materials on each project.
• Maintains quality control standards. Monitors quality throughout production process.
• Enforces and adheres to safety rules, regulations, compliance and safety policies as directed by supervisors and Best Practice Standards for ''Lock out Tag Out''
• Responsible for adhering to the system safety as it pertains to the National Electrical Code for temporary install projects.
• Ability to complete assigned job responsibilities under minimal supervision, balancing, and establishing priorities in relation to workload and time availability.
• Maintains exemplary professionalism with all internal and external VStar stakeholders.
• Willingness and ability to contribute to a positive, team-oriented work environment.
• Performs additional duties as requested or assigned.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online