Touring Company Manager
VStar Entertainment GroupTouring, US
Full Time Job
Touring Company Manager
Position we are looking to fill:
Our Tour/Operations Division is seeking a full-time Touring Company Manager. Part of a touring unit management team, the Company Manager provides total leadership and logistic coordination for the assigned Unit through the monitoring and guidance of the show's Staff, Cast, Crew and Administration.
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations, but works closely with the Production, Finance, Human Resource and/or Marketing Departments, as responsibility of the job requires.
We want you if you:
• Have Minimum +7 years in the Entertainment Industry in an Operations and/or Management field with a background or understanding for retail, merchandise, or touring entertainment.
• Minimum of 5 years touring experience in the Entertainment Industry.
• Ability to read and interpret documents, blue prints, safety manuals and budgets as well as write financial reports and proposals proficiently.
• Ability to solve practical problems and interpret diverse instructions delivered in a variety of forms.
• Possess exceptional communication, organization and leadership abilities.
• Self-motivated, resourceful and can work independently on a multitude of tasks simultaneously
• This position requires good oral and written communication skills in order to interact with employees
• This position requires education generally equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent industry experience
• Responsible for the work of the Performance Director, Production Manager, Retail Manager, VIP Party Coordinator, and all of the above managers' subordinates.
• In conjunction with the appropriate member of tour management, oversees training and new hire orientation for all employees to ensure established procedures are clearly understood and followed. Continually monitors results being achieved in assigned areas on a continual basis, conducts effective performance appraisals and takes corrective action whenever necessary.
• Working closely with the management team, has the final responsibility for company morale, hiring, firing, promotion or transfer of all personnel as well as disciplinary arbitrator for all personnel in the company. Such responsibility extends to local labor, hired for the engagement.
• Understand and administer in a fair and equitable manner the companies' policies and standards of conduct with regards to inappropriate etiquette and performance by following HR's process on documentation, coaching and counseling and write-ups. Any hiring and firing would be discussed with the appropriate corporate team and HR.
• Creates a working climate in which assigned personnel are motivated to develop their skills and abilities and demonstrates by personal example the desired standards of conduct and work performance.
• Fully understand all requirements in the employee contract and work closely with the corporate office and show union representatives in the interpretation of such contract. Interpret the employee contract on daily operating decisions and prepare weekly payments and reports.
• Administers policies in a fair and equitable manner regarding discipline, tardiness, absenteeism or insubordination and fully documents all incidents and actions taken.
• Supervise box office operation, handle cash disbursements, payroll calculations, repair and maintenance evaluations, settlements with local promoters or local laborers as well as preparation of all final financial reports for the completed engagements. Acts as liaison between the Company and all building staff.
• Creates, maintains and distributes itineraries and trip sheets.
• Monitors and limits the local staffing requirement for ticket sellers, security, police, ushers, ticket takers, stagehands, and other local labor and staffing to most economically service our patrons. Emphasis on cost control.
• Make all travel arrangements including bus or plane travel and ''in-town'' cab, van, or local bus service between hotel and the facility. Arrange hotels at reasonable rates for all touring employees giving regard to the safety and comfort as well as location in proximity to the facility for all employees.
• During pre-production of the new shows, work with Production and/or the Director of Entertainment to facilitate efficient scheduling of rehearsals, tech rehearsals, crew calls and any other operations dealing with the set, transportation or personnel. During the tour, work with the management team on completing and submitting performance and operations reports.
• Coordinate maintenance schedules in conjunction with the Production Manager and Department Heads and Director of Operations as necessary.
• Work closely with the Performance Director and Production Manager to maintain a comfortable and safe working environment for the touring employees.
• Coordinate, in conjunction with the Retail Manager, the concessions company operations in each facility, including mediation of personnel situations within the facility as well as show concessions personnel; interpret and facilitate the contractual arrangements and arrange for all fee payments to the facility at the close of the engagement. Have a general understanding of the Concession business on the tour so that you may provide high level oversight and recognize irregularities in the overall operations of the tour.
• Act as VSTAR's liaison and representative to building management and promotion staff to insure smooth publicity and marketing operation during the run as well as on-going rapport between facilities and the show.
• Primary customer service contact with venue partners, and customers.
• Monitors, in conjunction with Production Manager, all show and trucking operations. Insures timely return of petty cash, accident reporting, settlement backup, etc. to corporate office.
• Maintain open channels of communication between touring production units and the corporate office for finding resolutions to issues efficiently, cost effectively and that continue to support the company's overall business model and objectives.
• Ability to carry out assignments thoroughly, neatly and accurately. Attention to detail and quality.
• Acts as liaison, representing the team in general, interfacing with the rest of the organization
• Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
VStar Entertainment Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online