Sales and Distribution Executive
Visit FilmsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Visit Films is seeking an international sales and distribution executive to license the company's catalog of feature films and documentaries to distribution partners around the world.
Duties for the position involve strategic planning of film sales strategy, interacting with international clients, film market preparation, preparing film rights licensing information, contract work and business development. The right candidate will be able to work with a sales colleague, sales coordinator and the company president to cover territorial clients throughout the world for film licensing.
Pitching, negotiating and licensing the rights of films for international clients
Drafting contracts and deal memos
Updating and maintaining client database, creating target lists of clients, prospecting new clients
Preparing availability reports for international distributors
Updating and maintaining the rights management database and sales contract database
Collecting royalty statements
Following up with potential clients
Assisting with the company's participation in various films festivals and markets including - organization of booth, event preparation, product listing, coordinating events at select major film festivals
Experience and Skills:
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including excel and word. Database software experience very useful. Ability to quickly become familiar with new software and emerging platforms/apps.
• Demonstrated experience in the film industry (sales and/or distribution) is required.
• Strong communication and organizational skills with a specific focus on attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize and adapt to the demands of the job meeting strict deadlines, problem-solving skills, remaining flexible, calm and focused while multitasking in high pressure situations.
• Experience with/interest in independent film strongly preferred. Sales experience (in any industry) also helpful.
• Enthusiastic and personable, ability to speak to clients with comfort and ease, good networking skills mandatory.
• Ability to spend long hours with your colleagues in foreign countries and maintain a positive attitude.
• Negotiation skills
• Fluency in at least one foreign language extremely helpful
• A strong love of international travel and social environments
Salary and Title - tbd but commensurate with experience in the indie film ecosphere.
Benefits include health insurance, dental, mobile phone, paid vacation and sick days.
Location - Either in LA or NYC. Tbd.
Visit Films represents the best in world cinema for sales and distribution. Visit licenses to theatrical distributors, DVD/digital outlets and broadcasters. Additionally, Visit works with over 600+ festivals and non-theatrical screening venues each year to program our slate of titles. The company has been nominated or won Oscars, Gothams, Indie Spirits and prizes at every major festival in the world.
Instructions: Please send resume and cover letter. No phone calls.
Salary and Title - tbd but commensurate with experience in the indie film ecosphere. No higher than $45k per year plus benefits - health, dental, phone, 401k.
Previous international film sales and distribution experience very helpful. Not looking to hire anyone who did sales for a chemical engineering company, although we are sure you are wonderful.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online