Supervisor, Facilities Operations
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
This position is responsible for assisting the Director and Manager of Critical Operations and directing the facility maintenance team and vendors for the ViacomCBS Cloud Computing Center located in Hauppauge, NY. This location is a 24/7 facility that will be the central location for ViacomCBS broadcast and Datacenter operations.
The Supervisor will coordinate, implement, and evaluate daily facility activities. This includes the upkeep of space, maintaining building systems and equipment, supporting construction projects, and supervising building services. Work is performed independently with general supervision by the Manager of Critical Facilities.
• Supervises and directs Facilities Technicians and monitors their assigned responsibilities.
• Performs and leads all aspects of the implementation of all maintenance service requests, ensuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently and with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
• Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
• Ensure alignment to ViacomCBS facilities policies and procedures.
Coordinates directly with Manager of Critical Facilities
• Schedule equipment to be taken offline so that preventative maintenance can be performed
• Monitor operation of electrical and mechanical equipment supporting all operations.
• Requires the ability to analyze various systems, resolve cause of any problem / malfunctions and corrective action as required.
• Understands the engineering design and operational aspects of the MEP Systems and Components. Immediately recognize system shortcomings and respond to operational and emergency situations.
• Schedule and provide proper training for Test running Generators / Load Banking
• Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building.
• Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building's infrastructure. Responsible for alerting management of building discrepancies.
• Provides training and support aimed at expanding the capabilities of the engineering staff. Specific duties include but are not limited to demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands-on instruction in basic maintenance, safety and troubleshooting procedures, recommending internal and external training courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
• Participates in facilities project coordination, new construction, and other planning activities of other departments. Manages and monitors construction and repair projects as well as warranties and estimated life cycles.
• Monitor chiller plants, cooling towers and air conditioning equipment throughout the facility. Including heating, ventilation, hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; reviewing logs as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as needed basis.
• Performs preventive tasks when required and oversees all repairs and maintenance at the site. Determines frequency of repair and/or maintenance for all MEP systems.
• Ensures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building. Specific duties include but are not limited to developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
• Directs the performance of contracted maintenance work as needed, works directly with outside vendors in coordination with the manager of Facilities to obtain proposals and schedule all required building inspections/ maintenance.
• Specific tasks include but are not limited to ensuring the timely performance of maintenance contract work, overseeing the fulfillment of equipment warranty obligations by the installer and securing equipment manuals and drawings from the installers/contractors.
• Recommend and estimate facility repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budgets.
• Follows departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials. Responsible for the short-term and long-term training of the operating and maintenance team.
• Monitors and aligns with safety training requirements and to develop a site-specific training system (including MEP).
• Responsible for scheduling maintenance staff to ensure coverage of the facility as required. Must be able to work OT on request and available for emergency situations.
• Back up contact support for building emergencies, i.e. power outages, equipment failures, weather related issues, etc. Ensure security procedures are implemented and that communications and systems are up to date.
• Available 24/7
• Education - Minimum of a high school education, two years in mechanical trades, or equivalent. HVAC and electrical engineering training is helpful.
• Job Experience - 10 years in a facility/plant engineering and maintenance supervision. Prior chief engineer / assistant chief engineer and managerial experience preferred.
• Overtime and weekend work are required.
• Personal characteristics - Good interpersonal skills, organizational skills, strong leadership skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
• Special knowledge and skills - HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, mechanical systems, Life Safety and electrical systems UPS, static switches, ATS, generators and engineering and operation.
• Strong ability to utilize technology to engage the operations of the property.
• Understands aspects of construction planning and project execution.
• Track record of excellent customer service, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of blueprint and construction documents is necessary, including recognition of general construction, HVAC, BMS, electrical and plumbing drawings. Proficient with means and methods.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint) MS Project, BMS systems