Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst - Streaming
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are an enthusiastic group helping to lead the future of media and technology by providing Financial Planning support to all of ViacomCBS Streaming.
ViacomCBS Streaming is looking for a Financial Analyst to join their Financial Planning & Analysis team in New York, NY.
The Financial Analyst will support the Entertainment division of ViacomCBS Streaming and will focus primarily on Paramount , our premium subscription product. As part of an aligned FP&A team, the Financial Analyst will report directly into the Manager, FP&A and will assist in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of forecasts and budgets, tracking performance, managing monthly operating expenses, and using analysis to assist in driving informed decision making.
This position offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity within a successful and growing global media organization. It will provide wide ranging exposure to the evolving interactive content industry while working within the broader media umbrella of ViacomCBS.
• You'll be responsible for creating and maintaining complex financial models to support the budgeting, forecasting and expansion of Paramount .
• Assist Accounting in monthly/quarterly close which includes preparation of accruals as well as reconciliation and variance analysis of forecast to actual results.
• Work with different business partners around the company (HR, Product, Engineering, Marketing) gaining insight and knowledge that could affect forecasts.
• You'll create strategic value-added analyses around growth opportunities, expense optimization, and core business metrics and to drive better decisions and results.
• Expense and Revenue management for specific lines of the Entertainment business.
• Create and maintain expense tracking models for Live Sports on the service.
• Other ad hoc requests and analyses.
What you bring to the team:
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Minimum of 2-4 years experience in FP&A, finance or equivalent quantitative roles
• High level of proficiency in Excel, experience in preparing complex financial models and manipulating large datasets
• Strong communicator with the ability to moderate based on audience and demonstrate an ability to partner with a range of cross functional partners
• Experience in a highly analytical environment
• Strong work ethic and an acute attention to detail required
• Ability to work quickly and accurately on multiple projects concurrently
• Possess a high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information.
You might also have:
• Finance/Economics/Mathematics/Accounting major preferred
• Prior experience in digital media, specifically in a subscription-based role, is highly desirable
• Familiarity with Cognos TM1 and Oracle based GL reporting
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at ViacomCBS Streaming. ViacomCBS Streaming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. ViacomCBS Streaming complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.