Full Time Job
Research, Design, Document, Install, Commission and Test virtualized compressed IP-based video origination and distribution systems and related sub-systems for linear and streaming delivery via satellite and terrestrial fiber.
• Responsible for end-to-end fulfillment of assigned projects, including customer requirements discovery, conceptual and functional design, installation, configuration and commissioning.
• Collaborates with in-house technical support teams to perform system acceptance testing and training.
• Aligns with Director and VP, Media Engineering on key business and technical requirements, standards, and methodologies.
• Partners with and integrates across other areas of Viacom Media Technology Services, working with other areas, resolving conflicts and managing competing priorities, to provide a complete solution.
• - Typical candidate should possess 3 years of relevant video engineering experience
• BA/BS degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
• Extensive knowledge of IP based video platforms and products
• Demonstrates depth of knowledge in baseband HD/SD video, compressed video/audio encoding, IP transport stream distribution, in-band and out-of-band metadata payloads, OTT streaming architecture, and IP networking principles including multicast.
• Demonstrates broad experience in the design, build, and commissioning of technical systems for broadcast playout, distribution and live streaming via IP.
• Demonstrates ability to test and qualify compressed video transport streams and compression technologies at the packet level, including MPEG-4 H.264, HEVC H.265, MPEG-2 and JPEG-2000.
• Familiar with encryption and conditional access systems for content protection, broadcast and infrastructure monitoring and control systems, and ethernet network topologies.
• Familiar with industry developments in key technical areas of standardization, and can articulate benefits/risks of various technology solutions.
• Demonstrates ability to manage assigned projects to tight timelines;
• Demonstrates ability to perform technical analysis, exercise judgment, communicate with clarity and influence key technical decisions.
• Familiar with Agile project management tools and techniques such as SCRUM and JIRA a plus.