Sr. Analyst - Apptio
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for providing support for Viacom’s Apptio implementation and system operation activities to support Media Technology Services (MTS) need for financial management. This individual will be a key member of the project implementation including planning, design, building, testing and deployment. It is important for this individual to quickly understand existing business/system processes and its inherent inter-dependencies for immediate contributions. The individual will ensure that the Apptio data flows and feeds are completed successfully and on-going reference data tables are maintained.
• Provide business analyst support for all phases of the Apptio project implementation.
• Responsible for documenting the integration requirements between Apptio and other applications within the Technology Management and Governance landscape (e.g., Longview, Workfront, etc.) for a Global implementation. Partner with vendor and technical system owners to understand integration points, design, and document current vs future process and identify gaps
• Manage overall testing process and expected outcomes; create test plan, test cases, and tracks defect logs and provide reporting on progress
• Manage the operational aspect of Apptio, including the scheduled data feeds, updates to mapping tables and access governance.
• Partner with stakeholders to capture short-term and long-term roadmap items.
• Research questions such as data or mapping issues and follow-up with data owners to drive towards resolution.
• Partner with project team to review and prepare corporate and management reporting from Apptio.
• Work directly with internal clients to identify process and system improvements.
• Proven success implementing, integrating and supporting financial management applications in a highly complex global architecture of multiple solutions.
• Prior experience developing requirements for the integration between financial systems
• Ability to quickly get up to speed on business processes and systems is essential.
• Proven ability to perform business analyses to support business process re-engineering
• Knowledge and prior experience in IT and IT Finance and financial reporting
• Working knowledge of planning/management tools such as SAP/ Longview/Workfront/Apptio is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
• Strong organization with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Attentive to details, t horoughness and self-motivated
• Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
• Experience working at Global media organization is a nice to have.
• Minimum 5 years of IT Business Analysis experience
• Minimum 5 years experience in business process, workflow, testing, and system integrations'
• Minimum 3 years of supporting Finance and/or Accounting functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Management preferred.