Senior Vice President, Business Transformation
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Vice President, Business Transformation (Organizational Effectiveness) - Viacom
Viacom is in the midst of a business transformation, and we are continually evolving, innovating and building a world class office of Transformation. There are a number of strategic and transformational initiatives that Viacom is actively pursuing which are focused on effectiveness, revenue growth and operating expense reduction. Led by Viacom’s Chief Transformation Officer, the Transformation Office will be responsible for identifying and executing revenue and cost initiatives consistent with Viacom’s forward-looking strategic plan.
The role of the SVP Business Transformation will report directly to the Chief Transformation Officer. You will be responsible for the financial results and qualitative elements related to the execution of already identified initiatives in the current year budget in addition to the identification of initiatives for next year’s budget. This position will be focused on organizational effectiveness across all divisions at Viacom, focused on effecting optimal organizational design, reducing bureaucracy and creating more impactful, meaningful work. The position will have a resource to analyze and drive this work and will require interacting with and having the respect of various business leaders across the organization.
• Execute already identified initiatives related to cost optimization (around Organizational Effectiveness) for current budget year across the business.
• Identify areas of organizational effectiveness opportunities for the following budget year.
• Create a continuous improvement culture that automatically drives next year’s initiatives on a consistent basis, ultimately to generate multi-year value creation strategies.
• Translate Viacom’s strategy to transformation objectives, metrics and initiatives.
• Identify potential gaps and immediately address them with additional initiatives.
• Effectively identifying front-running potential resistance to initiatives and develop strategies to effectively reach consensus to move forward.
• Support and help spread a culture of continuous improvement at all levels of the organization.
• Develop relationships with senior leaders across the organization, effectively getting their buy-in for transformation initiatives.
• Stay abreast of process trends and leading practices occurring in the marketplace and work with management to facilitate strategic direction and process enhancement.
• Effectively partner with HR department in planning and effecting all initiatives.
• Be responsible for all accounting – as linked to FP&A and controllership – of the initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
• 15 years of relevant work experience
• Significant experience in organizational design practice and theory.
• Executive-level presence.
• Significant experience and demonstrable success in developing executive-level relationships.
• Ability to present at most senior levels of an organization.
• Ability to thrive in a fast, high intensity, deadline driven environment, dealing with multiple projects.
• Strong inter-personal and negotiation skills, with holistic understanding of company organization and politics.
• Aptitude for creating structured quantitative and qualitative analyses.
• Ability to structure complex and ambiguous problems to develop insights & approaches.
• Project management experience.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills and inter-personal skills.
• Intellectual curiosity, creativity, tenacity.
• Experience with a top management consulting organization or in-house consulting organization in a Fortune 100 company, a plus.