Senior Social Content Designer
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Comedy Central is looking for a Senior Social Content Designer to lead design of original content for the network’s social media channels.
The ideal candidate is a creative powerhouse who leverages their design expertise to align with comedy and internet culture. Candidates must produce creative that ignites passion and action within our comedy fan base. The candidate must have a deep understanding of social media and the internet’s creative reactions to cultural milestones, trending topics and curation of general comedic entertainment. Candidates must be able to communicate ideas effectively and obtain buy-in in a cross-functional team environment. Please have a thorough look at our social accounts (@ComedyCentral) to ensure you are capable to replicate elevate all our past content.
Candidates will be required to show a portfolio demonstrating modern, thoughtful designs across social media and digital.
• Complete and lead numerous projects tasks in a very fast-paced environment.
• Design and execute concepts developed in a daily morning meeting for Comedy Central’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.
• Responsible for leading the overall look and feel of social design creative produced by social content team
• Create and maintain a brand book for all of CC’s social channels while ensuring that creative is consistent with web/digital design language.
• Work with social strategists to lead thinking of creative repeatable formats to live on various CC social channels.
• Be a thought leader in team meetings and lead brainstorms of their own to develop new concepts.
• Flexibility with nights/weekend hours may be required.
• Bachelor’s Degree with 4-6 years of relevant graphic design experience in the social media space, preferably in entertainment/media/comedy culture.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, AfterEffects, Premier, Illustrator and DreamWeaver.
• 2-3 years of equivalent work experience with Final Cut Pro ideal.
• Ability to conceptualize and create graphics, animations, illustrations and videos with quick turnaround and during off-hours.
• Possess a solid understanding of graphic design, typography, color theory and illustration as it pertains to social strategy and timely execution.
• Firm understanding of social media/web standards, cross-browser compatibility, and image optimization techniques.
• Comprehensive knowledge of various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. and what kind of graphics work on what kind of platform and why.