Senior Edit Assistant
Full Time Job
Job Title: Senior Edit Assistant
Department: Elephant House Studios
Contract: This role is a 1 year fixed-term contract intially and you will be working a variety of shifts including some evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays and extra hours as needed.
Due to expansion Elephant House Studios are looking for an experienced Senior Edit Assistant to join the current team ensuring that the production teams and editors are supported creatively, technically and operationally while in Post. We have 17 offline suites, 3 online / grade suites (Symphony / Baselight) and 3 audio suites (ProTools). We work on a wide variety of programmes and genres for Channel 5 and other Viacom brands. This is a great opportunity to develop and refine core broadcast skills whilst working for a global brand.
What you'll be doing:
• Media management, wrangling, ingesting and organising rushes and archive
• Encoding, transcoding, and ingesting various digital formats
• Preparing edit suites, kit, projects and media for the editors
• Conform (tapeless) to a variety of standards including UHD / 4K
• Workflow consultation
• Advanced Edit Suite Support (Avid)
• Instilling best practises within the department
• Creating master files and deliverables for UK Broadcast and International distribution
• Assisting with training of the junior members of the team
• Working a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays and extra hours as needed
You will have:
• Excellent knowledge of Avid edit systems including Media Composer and Symphony (essential)
• Proven experience of using Avid within an edit support environment
• Knowledge of ISIS / Nexis and Tier 2 storage
• Knowledge of Post Production workflows and equipment
• Good understanding of the theory, practises and implications of file conversions and workflows
• Understanding of latest cameras and formats
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Up to date knowledge of industry standards and technology
You will be:
• Excellent at problem solving effectively and efficiently to minimise a loss of edit time
• Ability to work accurately under pressure to tight deadlines
• Able to manage your time with competing priorities from a number of different productions
• Able to work both within a team and autonomously
• Ability and patience to teach
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of Baselight, ProTools, Content Agent, AE and QC (tapeless) is an advantage
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This form summarises the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.