Senior Director, Organization and People Development
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a collaborative, customer-focused and creative expert in organization effectiveness, learning and development to join our Organization and People Development team. In this key role, you’ll focus on partnering with executives on their organizations so that teams can do their best work. Your scope includes organization development, talent management and learning for dedicated client groups so you’ll have the chance to make your mark, and drive significant business impact in a fast-paced and dynamic industry.
Your portfolio will include iconic brands such as Comedy Central along with revenue generating functions like Sales, and enabling functions such as Production. In addition to working with our creative and inspiring clients, you’ll contribute to enterprise-wide learning and development programs along with enhancing our organization development toolkits. The breadth of your role makes it possible for you to create, design and implement an organization and people plan that drives business strategy. Our ideal team member couples a passion for organization development, talent management and learning with a strong results orientation that is directed toward adapting theories and best practices into practical, results-based solutions that align with client’s priorities and add clear, measurable value to the business.
**The role is based in New York but we are open to candidates on the west coast who are open to traveling.
• Partner with HR Generalists and senior leaders in the development of organization and people solutions focused on structure, process, skills and teams.
• Conduct individual, team and functional diagnostics and needs assessments.
• Build capability through the design and implementation of impactful interventions.
• Provide change management expertise in support of organizational change projects.
• Partner with business leaders in organization redesign initiatives.
• Develop high performing teams through team coaching and facilitation.
• Drive leadership and high potential development by fostering the adoption of learning programs and frameworks, and by designing customized development solutions where appropriate.
• Assess, track and analyze the impact of interventions.
• Manage external vendor relationships with Executive Coaches and Consultants on behalf of client groups.
• Participate in the development of enterprise learning solutions and organizational development methodologies and toolkits.
• Contribute to enterprise-wide and cross-functional projects.
• 10-15 years of progressive experience in applied roles that include Organization Development, Talent Management and Learning and Development; ideal candidates will also have had experience as a Human Resources Generalist.
• Demonstrated experience applying advanced theoretical knowledge of Change Management, Organization Design, and Adult Learning to solve business challenges.
• Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with Human Resources colleagues and working collaboratively across Human Resources disciplines.
• Master’s degree in Organization Development or Human Resources preferred, or degree in related field
• Develop influential relationships with Senior Executives
• Executive presence
• Navigate ambiguity
• Understand how to collaborate and influence in a matrix structure
• Drive for Results
• Adapt style and approach to meet customer needs
• Project Management
• Writing, speaking, and presenting effectively and persuasively