Senior Director Of Accounting
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Director Of Accounting, Viacom International Media Networks
Partner with the Tax and Treasury team to perform accurate and timely analysis and reporting of Viacom International Media Networks (“VIMN”) business restructuring and cash repatriation. Monitor and consolidate of statutory audit fees and perform analysis of international restructuring.
• Ensure timely, accurate actual reporting of restructuring accruals including consolidation of savings
• Serve as key point of contact with Tax and Treasury on cash repatriations, dividends and other transactions. Convert the transactions into the appropriate legal entity accounting, and coordinating any entries with local teams
• Produce summary of tax transactions on monthly basis ensuring any tax driven transactions are recorded accurately
• Partner with local teams to obtain and prepare a summary of statutory audit fees and monitor any over-runs for presentation to the audit committee
• Partner with Viacom and Local teams to implement new accounting standards
• Liaise with local Controllers to analyse bonus and restructuring accounts
• Perform SOX testing of key SOX controls for the tax department
• Direct work; develop, review and oversee other team members.
• Ensure that all relevant key controls are in place and functioning properly in accordance with internal policies and procedures, and Sarbanes Oxley rules and regulations.
• Work with other individuals on cross functional teams to identify any issues and improve processes.
• Liaise with external auditors and compliance.
• Co-ordination of asset impairment review for statutory audits.
• Assist with ad hoc Viacom and internal management requests.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• CPA (or equivalent)
• Minimum 12 years relevant work Public/Private mix is ideal. Prior Big Four experience a plus.
• Strong working knowledge of general accounting principles, concepts and processes.
• International accounting experience highly desired; media experience preferred.
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to be thorough with attention to detail
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience managing others in an accounting and reporting role.
• Team player with the ability to work with and communicate with people at different levels within the organization. Exposure to senior management.
• Demonstrated the ability to perform effective work load prioritization and management
• Demonstrated the ability to be a self starter and take initiative and follow through
• Strong communication skills (oral, written & listening)
• Willingness and ability to participate in occasional meetings during non-standard hours to allow direct communication with individuals oversees.
• Occasional domestic and international travel to work with others in the organization.
• Experience in HFM, Longview and SAP a strong plus.