Senior Director, International Tax
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Director, International Tax will be an integral member of the Tax Department, responsible for planning and implementing cross-border and foreign transactions. This position will report to the VP & Senior Counsel, International Tax.
• You will analyze US international and foreign tax issues, working with advisors across multiple jurisdictions where relevant. Identify, evaluate and measure risks in relation to tax matters.
• You will be partnering with the International Tax Reporting & Compliance teams, advise on the reporting of cross-border and foreign transactions.
• Structure, implement and document acquisitions, joint venture arrangements, dispositions, reorganizations and financial transactions, working closely with other functions within Viacom.
• You will provide audit and tax controversy support on international matters.
• Assist in the analysis and documentation of intercompany pricing arrangements, such as trademark fees, tradename fees, copyright royalties and technical service fees.
• Bachelor's degree
• A minimum of 6 years of US tax experience with an emphasis on US international taxation
• JD or CPA with advanced degree in taxation
• Experience advising US multinationals on the US tax aspects of foreign and cross-border transactions and leading complex transactions across multiple jurisdictions
• In-depth knowledge of US federal income taxation, including in the areas of outbound and inbound US international taxation, Subchapter C, partnership taxation and the taxation of financial transactions, as well as familiarity with transfer pricing rules and European and other non-US tax systems.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, including quantitative modeling skills
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Ability to navigate complexity in a productive manner
• Ability to build partnerships with peers and cross-divisional groups
• “Hands on” work ethic
• Excellent communication skills