Full Time Job
LOCATION: Hawley Crescent
DEPARTMENT/ REGION: UK and International Creative
DATE: October 2018
MANAGER: Creative Director, UK and International
What’s the gig?
Which means . . .
Viacom are seeking a Senior Creative with extensive knowledge of Youth branding across multiple platforms. This person will be working on UK and International commissions so needs to have an understanding how a campaign can be adapted and rolled out across other markets. They will be a true all-rounder, with an eye for creating promos that make people talk and have cut through with a youth audience! The ideal candidate will have excellent working knowledge of Premier, production equipment, audio/VO and on-air graphics animation, but their heart lies in coming up with ideas and bringing them to life.
They will have the ability to produce fresh and unexpected ideas from creative briefs and be able to articulate ideas to the team consistently. This person will be an excellent editor and script-writer. An ability to direct shoots would be preferred but is not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a newly formed cross brand creative, design, production and media hub, with the ambition of becoming the best in class across the broadcast industry dedicated to delivering innovative and award winning creative that span all platforms across our Viacom consumer brands including Channel 5, Comedy Central, MTV and Nickelodeon.
• A complete knowledge of the TV and post-production environment will ensure the ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast moving and very creative environment
• To script, direct and cut on air promotions, campaigns, branding, packaging, commercials and sponsorship
• To contribute a strong creative style and voice to a brief that will enhance the brand On Air
• To work to agreed budgets at all times
• To take responsibility for the accuracy of all information delivered in by promo to air
• To work to tight deadlines and under pressure to deliver consistently strong promotional ideas
• To work with a team to create image campaigns and identities
• To work closely with the Creative Director managing and monitoring multiple projects, both in-house and out of house, through various stages of development
• Work from creative briefs to conceptualize and articulate promotional ideas on a consistent basis
Must have these ninja skills . . .
• Ability to work within a compact creative team and to interact in a friendly, fun and professional manner
• Excellent knowledge of the MTV UK and International brands and a very good understanding of competitors
• An enthusiasm for new creative technology and the desire to learn new skills
• An understanding of digital platforms; web, mobile, social media etc.
• To be competent at supervising online/offline edits
• Excellent Premier skills
• To have an understanding of 3D/2D animation and graphic design
• A good understanding of the TV and post production environment
• Good script writing skills and a rounded knowledge and experience of post production, audio, VO and Graphics are required
• Excellent problem solving and the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Up to date knowledge of Ofcom regulations is required
• Irreverent humour, understanding of wider UK youth culture, good team worker, responsible and creative approach to problem solving
• Enthusiastic and flexible
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure that Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.