Senior Business Analyst
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Business Analyst within Media Services Finance Technology is responsible for providing continued support for Viacom’s planning system implementation and daily operational activities. You will quickly understand existing business/system processes and its inherent inter-dependencies for immediate contributions. You will be responsible for maintaining application user-requirements and integration documentation between financial planning systems within the MTS Financial Management ecosystem (e.g., Longview, Workfront, Apptio etc.).
to include, but not limited to:
• Partner with vendor and technical system owners (SOs) to understand integration points, design, and document current vs future process and identify gaps.
• You will handle overall testing process and expected outcomes; build test plan, test cases, and tracks defect logs and provide reporting on progress
• You will work closely with an off-shore resource to maintain the operational aspect of the planning tools, including the scheduled data feeds, updates to mapping tables and access governance to support monthly forecasting and annual planning cycles.
• You will partner with Viacom groups to collect short-term and long-term roadmap items.
• Research questions such as data or mapping issues and follow-up with data owners to drive towards resolution.
• Partner with departments and other SOs to review and prepare corporate and management reporting from Apptio.
• Work directly with internal clients to identify process and system improvements.
• Minimum 3 years of client facing application support role
• Minimum 3 years of supporting Finance and/or Accounting functions
• Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Management preferred.
• You have the ability to quickly get up to speed on business processes and systems is important.
• Knowledge and prior experience in IT and IT Finance and financial reporting.
• Working knowledge of planning/management tools such as SAP/ Longview/Workfront/Apptio is helpful.
• Demonstrated ability to execute, problem-solve and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Strong organization with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Experience working at a global media organization is a nice to have.
• Adaptable to changing processes and application landscape.
• Will require work outside normal business hours at certain times of the year.