Senior Analyst, Ancillary Accounting
Full Time Job
Responsible for the accurate and timely accounting of Viacom Global Ancillary and SVOD revenues (including accruals, billing, and cash application); residuals, royalties and participations accruals; cash by title reporting to residuals and participations departments, and Domestic and Intl FP&A support.
This role is based in the Global Business Services Center in Cool Springs, TN.
• Preparation of international syndication, rec & events, clip licensing, etc. schedules including episodic distribution, revenue accruals and billing, and cash collection.
• Prepare monthly intercompany reconciliations with Paramount related to global DTO and Home Video revenues and cash collected.
• Communicate with CD Finance to obtain SVOD deals with associated revenue models to prepare by title revenue and cash collection schedules.
• Work closely with external data management vendor to ensure high volume transactional reporting is mapped to SAP MPM, including timely resolving file errors and providing updates on new VMN content.
• Partner with Master Data Governance on maintenance of various custom calculation tables and g/l posting tables utilized for month end revenue allocations and participations/residuals expense calculations
• Prepare quarterly cash collection schedules for participations and residuals processing.
• Maintain monthly/quarterly close tracker to insure international and domestic close deadlines are being met.
• Serve as a knowledge source to team members and assist with new team member training.
• Work directly with global finance and operational teams within the HQ and Brand departments.
• Assist with ad hoc Viacom and internal management requests.
• Continuously evaluate processes and make recommendations for improvements.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA a plus
• At least 2 years relevant work experience
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (lookup formulas, pivot tables, etc.)
• Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills
• Ability to understand, analyze and manipulate large amounts of data
• Ability to communicate independently with colleagues at different levels within the organization
• Ability to effectively interact with both external vendors/customers as well as internal departments
• Self starter/ability to operate independently and to take initiative, be proactive and follow through
• Experience in SAP a strong plus
• Prior entertainment & media experience a plus