Manager, Rights System Reporting
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Together with the VP and senior manager, this position will be responsible for all aspects of requirements gathering, rights management system testing, analysis, production roll-out and ongoing support of Viacom Rights Management System (“RMS”) availability reporting functionality (“Avails”). This position reports to the Vice President.
• Together with our Info Tech team, review and document Viacom’s business and legal available program rights (“Avails”) reporting needs;
• Work closely with Viacom’s info technology team and the system Vendor to design and implement such Avails reports;
• Test, document and analyze Avails reporting functionality to ensure accurate calculations of data;
• Devise, implement and manage process and procedures around Avails reporting (creating and maintaining manuals, instructions sheets, and processes for information requests);
• Function as an expert in Avails reporting and serve as the “go-to person” for questions and issues;
• Work with the MTS department and RMS database vendor to log defects and test system fixes;
• Prepare progress reports and presentations to deliver to senior management;
• Work with US based Rights In team, Legal and HQ business and support teams to coordinate and progress Viacom’s systematic Avails goals; and
• Train staff worldwide and function as the “go-to person” for Avails Reporting
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 4 years Rights Analysis, and/or Contract Management and rights system management experience.
• Excellent communication, administrative, and organizational skills; computer and database literate (Microsoft Office, eDocs, RMS or equivalent Contract/Rights Management System); detail oriented, ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous responsibilities; strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with internal personnel and external contacts.
• Proven ability to work in a demanding, multicultural environment, across time zones and across and within foreign media environment and cultures and ability to communicate with multicultural clients groups, plus; a flexibility to adapt to a work schedule that accommodates multiple cultures, time zones, and territories.
• Position will have keen ability to understand and re-assess on a constant basis the day, week, and year’s priorities, and handle matters accordingly as well as the ability to work in a team and communicate priorities and needs internally as well as externally. Client-first attitude and ability to be service oriented.
• Familiarity with UAT system testing and logging defects.
• Experience using Rights Logic