Retail Director, UK & Europe
Full Time Job
Job Title: Retail Director, UK & Europe
Department: Consumer Products
Reports to: VP, Consumer Products UKNEE
Consumer Products facilitates the development of merchandise for our Nickelodeon brands through UK retail outlets. Consumer Products license all types of products with the key areas being: Toys and Games, Books, Clothing and Accessories, Food and Promotions, Video/DVD and Video Games.
They do not manufacture product ranges internally but work with third party companies, “licensees”, who sell branded product at retail and pay a defined royalty on each item sold. Another key aspect of the Consumer Products business is liaising with all UK retailers from Tesco and Toys R Us to New Look to ensure they support Nickelodeon brands by stocking licensees’ product ranges.
The UK CP division is the number 1 market by value internationally for VIMN Consumer Products.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Develop overall strategy and business direction for all UK & Ireland retail accounts (Accounts include: Tesco, Asda, Argos, Sainsburys, Smyths, Entertainer, Amazon and other retailers).
• 80% of the role focuses on UK Retail Development and Management. 20% is European focused.
• Support the European business teams to effectively manage our key European Retailers, with best practice sharing and strategy.
• Day to day line management and coaching of the UK Retail Key Account Manager for UK Retailers, the EMEA Retail Account Manager, and the DTR Account Manager
• Work with EMEA Retail Sales team and provide support to retail team members in France, Italy & Benelux, creating a ‘virtual’ EMEA retail key accounts sales team.
• Sell in franchises, strategic product ranges, and retail solutions to assigned account base aimed at maximizing Nickelodeon and Viacom CP revenues
• Analyzing weekly sales reports to ensure accuracy, identify trends, and pinpoint opportunities at assigned accounts, working closely with the Retail Analytics team.
• Developing strong relationships with licensee sales reps to ensure regular updates on N&VCP sales as well as with buyers and senior buyers in all categories at assigned retailers, including joint meetings
• Align closely with the Nickelodeon UK Category team to ensure cohesive property management and maximising at Retail.
• Working hand in hand with the CP Marketing Manager to create overarching retail marketing strategy for NVCP portfolio to support retail sales and exceed/achieve gross and net revenue targets, differentiating Retailer propositions.
• Work closely with the Retail Marketing Team and Category Team to ensure that key promotional opportunities at retail are delivered against and new property launches are planned and executed flawlessly.
• Create and execute Retail Promotions and Activations, driving new listings at Retail and Promotions for incremental revenue.
• Build strong relationships internally with all key stakeholders within Nickelodeon and MTV locally and NVCP International, Brand Management, Creative, Finance, Legal and Operations
• Build strong relationships with key senior contacts within the designated Key Accounts & key marketing contacts at top 10 licensees
• Instigate & present at Key Account meetings, licensee summits & internal meetings to enable the delivery of the Key VIMN Franchise priorities
• Be a key support to the VP UK
• Proactively be the lead of the EMEA Retail team to instigate best practice sharing of campaigns and retail marketing initiatives
• Regular UK Travel required
• Occasional European and US travel required.
• Experience in working in a fast paced and high pressure environment
• Strong sales and business development skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills – both internally & externally
• Strong time management skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Positive & creative thinker that can assess & take calculated risks
• Confident self-starter, tenacious and persistent.
• Experience of managing diverse & complicated projects
• Set goals to meet team objectives and develops operational plans and processes.
• Retail or Licensing and Merchandising industry preferably from the licensing of entertainment properties/brands with a strong toy category focus, TV/print advertising sales/client management, or a sales role within a company selling products/services into the advertising and media industry.
• Leads or contributes to complex projects and develops solutions.
• Comprehensive experience of all relevant Microsoft business software, a solid grasp on new technology & the increasing importance/emergence of Social media
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.
The Nickelodeon UK Network is available in 14 million cable and satellite homes and now reaches more than 10 million viewers a month. The entertainment company has built a diverse multi-platform business by putting kids first in everything it does – Kids Rule!
Launched in 1993, the top-performing Nickelodeon network comprises seven dedicated entertainment channels for kids aged 4-15 and their families: Nickelodeon, Nickelodeon HD, Nickelodeon 1, Nicktoons, Nick Jr., Nick Jr. 1 and Nick Jr. 2.
Content is at the core of the business with critically-acclaimed and hugely-popular television programming from the UK and around the world merging with bespoke content online and a dedicated Nick app, as well as consumer product and recreation opportunities such as the UK’s first-ever Nick theme park, Nickelodeon Land.