Full Time Job
(12 month Fixed-Term Contract)
Viacom and Nickelodeon Consumer Products (part of Viacom International Media Networks) is responsible for consumer products licensing across the successful portfolio of Viacom brands, including Paw Patrol, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, JoJo Siwa, SpongeBob SquarePants and Dora the Explorer.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the International Publishing team at Viacom and Nickelodeon Consumer Products.
The successful candidate will play a key role as part of the international publishing arm of VNCP. The team is responsible for signing publishers to produce books, magazines and partworks based on our content. We support our publishers with their publishing plans, provide guidance and supply assets. We also provide support to our teams and publishers in local markets.
The role will provide day to day business and operations support to the team and our licensees across our international business. This is an ideal opportunity for a person who has a passion for children’s publishing and licensing, an interest in the operations side, commercial acumen and core organisational and communication skills.
Director – Publishing Operations & Partnerships (International)
• Provide day to day support to the publishing business team.
• Act as a liaison between the publishing business team and other departments, specifically, the creative and operations team.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of publishing formats and trends.
• Manage the publishing and covermount plan approval process, ensure all partners are submitting timely publishing plans, provide guidance to publishers on suitable titles, work with internal stakeholders (creative and business) to review and approve plans.
• Create sales materials and presentations tailored by market and opportunities and co-edition decks ahead of trade shows.
• Distribute sales materials, marketing, brand and retail information to internal stakeholders, agents and licensees.
• Manage distribution of samples to local offices.
• Analyse and prepare reports and create and maintain licensee lists by using the Business Objects system.
• Run the monthly global publishing call, provide the agenda, call presentation and minutes.
• Run the health check process for new licensees, input new deals onto internal system, keep of log of when contracts expire.
• Ensure licensees are forecasting in a timely manner.
• Work with the Operations Manager to retrieve format files from publishers, upload files onto The Box storage system, deliver files to publishers.
• Conduct store visits and provide retail and competitor reports.
• Attend and provide support at relevant tradeshows and key partner meetings.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have:
• Experience in and passion for children’s publishing or consumer products licensing.
• An interest in the operational and commercial side of children’s publishing and licensing.
• Essential – good spelling and grammar; proficiency in working within the Microsoft Office programs – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to build relationships with the global and international teams in order to share knowledge and best practices.
• Highly organised and able to manage multiple projects in various stages simultaneously, ability to plan and work to deadlines.
• Be able to work well with other team members, other internal departments, agents and licensees.
• Ability to present in front of an internal and external audience.
• Confident, tenacious, pro-active team player with a positive attitude to work.
Viacom Core Competencies:
• Communicates and Listens
• Builds Relationships
• Takes Initiative
• Manages the Work
• Composure and Flexibility
• Acts with Integrity
Thinking and Problem Solving
• Develops creative products and solutions
• Judgment and analysis
• Creative Excellence
• Passion & Optimism
• Teamwork & Transparency
• Flawless Executive
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work. This is embedded in our recruitment practices to ensure we hire the best talent and enrich our mix. So when hiring for our teams, we think outside the box, we are open minded and champion difference.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here